PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Cable & Gas ( need help)

Bogie55
04-29-2010, 08:28 PM
New to the site and just bought a KTM 525xc with no knowlege of them.. The person I bought it from set it up for MX racing. He took the reverse cable off. My question is do I just need a reverse cable.. I have not seen a stock handle bar set up, so I dont know how it is constructed. I know it is not stock at all. I dont know How the reverse works stock either... The bike also has a 540 big bore kit and R&D carb. What gas should I run in it.. Thanks for all the help.. learning alot each day.. love the bike

jboz5786
04-29-2010, 11:11 PM
The reverse perch and leaver are located on the clutch reseivor if im spelling it right ? But anyways its by the clutch and for gas it just depends on what your jetting is. No Ethanol
Check out VP Race Fuels Klotz or theirs always cam 2 just to name a few.

Bogie55
04-30-2010, 03:31 AM
thanks I know that it is located there. How do you get it in reverse on the sotck bike? I know on a raptor you had to turn a knob on the from fender.. like I said it doesnt have the sotck handle bar set up with the lights or anything. thanks a lot though..

jboz5786
04-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Pull the reverse lever shift down till red R light comes on.

Bogie55
04-30-2010, 06:55 PM
I think you were missing what I was saying. There is nothing stock about the bike. The guy I purchased it, built it for racing and all the stock handle bar things ( ignition swicth, rev and nutural light etc) is gone. The key is now located where the emergency rip cord is.. and there is nothing but the clucth on the left side no reverse cable. I see the set up now.. the books came.. still dont know how I will get the cable to fit the after market clutch lever...

KTM RIDAA
04-30-2010, 07:23 PM
GO TO KTMATVHQ.COM has everything you need to know about ktm atvs and what is the compression on the 540 kit? if like 11:1 or a lil more just run sunoco 93 what you find at the gas station.

There are ktm 600 atvs that can run off of 89 octane fuel and the reverse is sweet the cable goes on the left side of the bars wear your clutch side is

Good luck!

jboz5786
04-30-2010, 07:58 PM
ya im not sure either id say go back to stock or see if a crf compression release lever will fit?