PDA

View Full Version : Oil with your oysters ?

JIM GRACE
04-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Gulf coast disaster, louisiana in a state of emergency
awaiting the oil to reach the beaches and
wildlife areas by morning.

Basically there is 5000 barrells a day spewing
out a mile down in the ocean right now.

Katrina now this. Wow

Pappy
04-29-2010, 07:04 PM
I believe thats 210,000 barrels a day now, they goofed on their original estimate

kfx400rider03
04-29-2010, 07:14 PM
i heard on the radio that there was talk of liting the oil on fire thats in the ocean so it doesnt pulute the land.:rolleyes: and they complain about cars burning oils:huh

dpizz450
04-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
i heard on the radio that there was talk of liting the oil on fire thats in the ocean so it doesnt pulute the land.:rolleyes: and they complain about cars burning oils:huh

That is what they are trying to do. It turns it into a solid where it wont hurt wildlife, animals, etc. It can then be picked up on shore or by fish nets. That's what was in our daily paper today.

tp300ex
04-29-2010, 08:01 PM
yea its gonna suck my family owns one of the biggest seafood markets in the gulf south and its gonna screw the oysters up big time and the shrimp! and so much for red fishing!

tp300ex
04-29-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/92195514.html

JIM GRACE
04-29-2010, 08:44 PM
They just said on the news that if they have to
drill a releif valve, that it could take up to 90 days!!

I hope they are wrong, this is gonna get really bad.

04-29-2010, 08:45 PM
If the oil spill hits New Orleans hard I will lawl, mother nature is desperately trying to get the place gone lol. But its scary and to think that dumb *** said it would be alright to but them 10 miles off shore. 10 miles the coast would be filled already by tons of oils. They said today they are hoping to stop it in 3 months!!! Hurricane season is coming up imagine that the gulf coast area is going to get destroyed! :(

slightlybent47
04-29-2010, 09:49 PM
I’ll bet the environmentalist will be all over this one. didn’t they just give the go ahead for some more off shore drilling? I can remember tar balls all over the beach in Galveston and Free Port TX back in the 70’s and 80’s.
Most of the oil should sink after the lighter stuff evaporates. If it’s heavy oil it will sink even faster.

CaptainCanuck
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
If the oil spill hits New Orleans hard I will lawl, mother nature is desperately trying to get the place gone lol.

I fail to see the humor in that. Kids like you are living proof that stopping parents from giving their kids a needed *** kicking has failed.

trx310R#24
04-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
I fail to see the humor in that. Kids like you are living proof that stopping parents from giving their kids a needed *** kicking has failed.

and people like you need to chill.. =p 1 its a joke 2 that place has got its *** kicked in the past few years... 3 i dont think he was trying to be an ***.. its more like what the hell how much bad luck can a place get... thats a lot of oil they are waisting.... bet we all now who will pay for that! =/

sexysilverado45
04-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Water is heavier than oil even in crude oil state that's why the pump water and oil together into the oil tank so that the water pushes the oil to the top and the water is pumped back into the ground. That's how on shore wells work. But what I'm getting at is the oil will be pushed up because its lighter

04-30-2010, 12:01 AM

lawl @ butt hurt canadian. Chill out like trx310R#24 said. People take things way too literal and serious over the internet these days geez.

aDviSol2y
04-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Have they figured out what caused the accident? I bet this will make a good debate for overturning the decision to allow more drilling in the gulf and Alaska. Too bad one incident is going to potentially make us rely on more foreign oil.. :ermm:

04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
Have they figured out what caused the accident? I bet this will make a good debate for overturning the decision to allow more drilling in the gulf and Alaska. Too bad one incident is going to potentially make us rely on more foreign oil.. :ermm:

Latest I saw today they actually mentioned terrorism. Damn middle easterners mad we arent buying all of our oil there lol

witech
04-30-2010, 12:47 PM
You think with all that free oil floating around in the oceans there would be a lot of savy oil collection companies ready to roll in and skim up all that free crude . No oil derecks ,no drilling . Heck it might even top crab fishing for worlds most dangerous jobs. Tv show and everything.
As far as the New Orleans comments I am a bit puzzled why anyone would think of rebuilding an area that is lower than sea level and has a 100 percent chance of a reoccuring disaster.

aDviSol2y
04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
:confused:

nskukalek79
04-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by witech
You think with all that free oil floating around in the oceans there would be a lot of savy oil collection companies ready to roll in and skim up all that free crude . No oil derecks ,no drilling . Heck it might even top crab fishing for worlds most dangerous jobs. Tv show and everything.
As far as the New Orleans comments I am a bit puzzled why anyone would think of rebuilding an area that is lower than sea level and has a 100 percent chance of a reoccuring disaster.
x2

dns1764
04-30-2010, 04:46 PM
i appologize for the language (we all cant be good christian boys), but it gave me a chuckle.

mineralgrey01gt
04-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
If the oil spill hits New Orleans hard I will lawl, mother nature is desperately trying to get the place gone lol. But its scary and to think that dumb *** said it would be alright to but them 10 miles off shore. 10 miles the coast would be filled already by tons of oils. They said today they are hoping to stop it in 3 months!!! Hurricane season is coming up imagine that the gulf coast area is going to get destroyed! :(

you sound like the biggest tool on this board. New Orleans is actually a great city to go to and live in if you live in the right areas

dns1764
04-30-2010, 06:08 PM
key words "if you live in the right areas"

04-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
you sound like the biggest tool on this board. New Orleans is actually a great city to go to and live in if you live in the right areas

glad to hear (smiles and give thumbs up) New Orleans has been a **** hole before Katrina. Katrina made the place better it washed away a good bit of scum. Let me ask you, U MAD?

SRH
04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
id like to invent a tanker to go out, draw in the water, seperate the 2 and release the water again...id keep the oil, patent that and be rich... oh yeah and new orleans is a **** hole

sexysilverado45
04-30-2010, 11:29 PM
It wouldn't be hard buy a land based tank battery(stock tanks and a gun barrel) hook it up to a big water bump and a salt water disposel pump and your in business

buck440
05-01-2010, 08:28 AM
I fail to see the humor in that. Kids like you are living proof that stopping parents from giving their kids a needed *** kicking has failed. my dad always gave me the belt buckle and i lawled. it is a **** hole

trick450r
05-01-2010, 03:47 PM
who build's a settlement below sea level? i mean really?

Jigsaw
05-01-2010, 06:13 PM
What a good excuse to drive gas up to 5 bucks a gallon :rolleyes:

JIM GRACE
05-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I think it is really gonna start to set in when marine animals start to wash up on shore. They
already stated they saw whales swimming in the
slick.

With all of today's technology they can't turn a valve off. Oh yeah Obama is in charge.

SRH
05-01-2010, 10:07 PM
haha i love it, i see obama bashing daily on the net, sometimes im embarassed to be an american:chinese:

derekhonda
05-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y

I doubt it. Someone could give me a 5 minute speach about how much damage this is doing, and how we need to not drill here as there has been a few accidents over the years. I would need a 2 second response.

"Exxon Valdez"

derekhonda
05-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by dns1764
key words "if you live in the right areas"

Yeah the ones that don't flood!