PDA

View Full Version : apex stator

teamcorndog
04-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Need a little help. Bought my son a apex last Sept. Was able to run 2 tanks of fuel thru it before it quit running. I replaced the cdi, bought a new carb. and it still doesn't want to run. I do have a mechanical back ground so as far as the other basic stuff I have tried it all. I am now to the point of thinking the spark might be to weak to get it to fire. My question is will a stator from a drr work on a apex quad? I have found a drr stator that I would like to buy but not sure if it will work. Just tring to save a little money trouble shooting this quad. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

hwf-racing
04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Before you buy another stator check the ground!!!!!could be the cause.

MikeBerry
04-29-2010, 06:54 PM
The stator won't work if your quad is a 90cc. Drr has a small taper
and the 90 apex is a large taper. I'm not sure but I think the apex
70 is a small taper. Also don't know about timing differences if it's a fixed position stator.

fmcnany413
04-29-2010, 06:55 PM
If you don't need the stator for the drr let me know I would like to buy it. fmcnany@eastresourcesinc.com

teamcorndog
04-30-2010, 09:14 PM
HWF-Racing, I have unbolted and scratched the paint on all of the external grounds(coil,cdi). Is there one in perticular you are speaking of?
Mike Berry, Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
Fmcnany413, The stator for the drr is on e-bay. If you can't find it I could get the auction #.

Thanks for your input. Was thinking about buying parts thru G-force. Any other input?

MikeBerry
05-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Good place to get parts. Sent pm on stator.

hwf-racing
05-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by teamcorndog
HWF-Racing, I have unbolted and scratched the paint on all of the external grounds(coil,cdi). Is there one in perticular you are speaking of?
Mike Berry, Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
Fmcnany413, The stator for the drr is on e-bay. If you can't find it I could get the auction #.

Thanks for your input. Was thinking about buying parts thru G-force. Any other input? You covered it, Gary @ G-force has great service and great prices def give him a call. Good luck!!!

teamcorndog
05-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Mike Berry sent pm

aarond
05-09-2010, 06:39 AM
make sure your teather switch isnt screwing up,I had to rip mine off the quad 5 seconds before th egate dropped because it grounded itself out internally ,try disconnecting it ,both sides.

teamcorndog
05-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Ya the one on this quad was junk! Already bought a new one, unfortantly that isn't the problem.