PDA

View Full Version : It's official! Cannondale filing chapter 11.

hunda400ex
01-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Yep i just read it on www.sportquad.com. Go there and check it out!

Atreyu
01-29-2003, 07:57 PM
This is all news to me!

:eek:

tants
01-29-2003, 07:57 PM
aw boowhoo :(

Ex_Rider43
01-29-2003, 08:20 PM
so are they gonna stop producing atv and the parts that goes with them??

Nausty
01-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52
so are they gonna stop producing atv and the parts that goes with them??

I don't think anyone knows the details of that on how big of invitory on parts they already have or if they are stilll gonna make them. Who knows I think i've heard some talk of another company buying out the quad section of cannondale.

Ex_Rider43
01-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
Who knows I think i've heard some talk of another company buying out the quad section of cannondale.

if honda will buy it the c-dales will be the next ''Honda's sport quad!!'':D

eldoexrider01
01-29-2003, 09:08 PM
well atleast honda will try to accept the "liquid cooled sport quad theory now..........."

YamaWarr0121
01-30-2003, 01:39 PM
well dont say horraay too quickly guys, cdale is autioning this week and there new owner will be at the indy show with them

intruder
01-30-2003, 07:45 PM
LATEST CANNONDALE INFO

After speaking with Cannondale insiders and outsiders in the know, here's the latest on the Cannondale situation.
• Yes, Cannondale has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
• If you own a Cannondale ATV, don't panic...yet. Our sources are confident that the quads will continue to be built, though not necessarily completely in the United States.
• The plan is for the Cannondale people to continue manufacturing bicycles (which has been profitable), and to sell the motorsports division (motorcycles and ATVs) to a buyer at an auction during the next week.
• No one knows who the buyer might be. Names being floated around include Polaris, Bombardier and Harley-Davidson. There is interest, so don't expect the Cannondale name to disappear.
• Currently, Cannondale doesn't appear to be offering warranty service on its quads, so you'll have to pay for any work yourself.
• It wasn't poor sales that sunk Cannondale ATVs--it was high production and R&D costs, plus an eroding stock market value (worth over $20 in '99, and less than a dollar just before bankruptcy).
We'll be paying close attention to the situation, so keep surfing to 4wheelatv.com!