PDA

View Full Version : Crankcase

Nick24
04-29-2010, 05:54 PM
I was riding in the field next to my road and the chain came off, wrapped around the front sproket, and cracked my left side crankcase. Now it's leaking oil and has a big crack in it. So i need the LEFT (shifter side) half of the crackcase.

Does anyone have or know where to find just the left half. I dont have alot of money to be spending.

Also what all will i need to replace the left side.

Thanks, Nick

dirtman91386
04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
just did this myself...cases are a mated pair from what i found out...its more expensive but if you want it done right it ant gaunna be cheap...but its not hard to do. you need the fly wheel puller and a case spliter and about 6 hrs start to finish it took me. good luck

cataway
04-30-2010, 08:09 AM
sorry to hear about your misfortune but getting just the left side really is not the answer ,if you did find one there's no guaranty it will match perficty with the right side you have .

sd1
05-02-2010, 10:40 PM
sometimes you can get lucky on ebay and find a set for pretty cheap...but still rare nowadays..good luck sir

4wheels1004
05-03-2010, 10:49 AM
yeah i had this same thing happen to me last year and it sucked!!! but i ended up rebuilding my wheeler and i had lots of fun. but i got a case off ebay for 335.00 plus like 30 bucks for shipping, im not sure but the price was close to that. when i put my cases back together i put new bearings in too and they were 100 dollars which might be a good idea because your already going to be in there. also i know there are guys that have the whole bottom of the motor too for sale too just another idea?