PDA

View Full Version : LEXX MXe Exhaust System

hjsmith00843
04-29-2010, 03:30 PM
My slip on exhaust just arrived today and it looks very nice. We do not have any sound restrictions and we dont need spark arrestors.

Would it be better to take it out of the exhaust or leave it in. I would think it would breath a little better with it out.

Also how do you rate this muffler seems like it is very well made.

honda400ex2003
04-29-2010, 08:06 PM
the best possible flow will come from taking it out but I would still run it just in case of flames or something that could happen. it is there for a reason even if it is not required in your area. i would rather have it a bit quieter and sacrafice the small amount of power you will gain from taking it out. just my .02 steve

rynb15
04-30-2010, 12:29 AM
i got one coming in a few days. i have red good reviews

ukweasel
04-30-2010, 12:58 PM
i bought one and rode it with the spark arrestor in once. the next time i took it out just to see how it sounded and needless to say i never put it back in. it was louder but it wasn't ridiculous...it sounded good to me. ive been told that its better for these bikes to leave the baffles in and give it a little more backpressure for low end torque but honestly idk for sure and i can tell you that it really doesn't make a big difference. don't fall in to the trap of thinking its faster just cuz its louder lol