PDA

View Full Version : 06+ Breather Setup?

laeger2fiddyr
04-29-2010, 11:28 AM
I have an 06 450 & have a question on the breather setup. I have a hose from the valve & stator cover coming into a "t" and then a hose down inbetween the swingarm & motor to the ground. Now when I stand it on the grab bar to wash it I get a little stream of oil coming out of it. Should it do that or do I just need to put a plug in the hose when I wash it?? Any help would be great!!

Scro
04-29-2010, 12:00 PM
There shouldn't be a hose hanging towards the ground. The three larger hoses coming out of the "T" should go the valve cover, left side crankcase cover, and to the airbox pushed up against the air filter. The transmission breather goes from the back of the cylinder to a hole in the plastic shround to the right of the carb. It should fit in that hole, and will be pointing down towards the ground.

DnB_racing
04-29-2010, 07:51 PM
once you have it plugged into air filter like Scro says some oil might leak out, but by putting hose up in filter not much should, unless too full of oil, so to answer your question about plugging line is you should not have to, that being said there is nothing to keep oil from leaking out except the level of oil in comparison to the end of tube, like a straw in a glass the leval is below the top of straw that's about the only way I know how to describe