PDA

View Full Version : 465 big bore kit FST kit

dtsesTHX
04-28-2010, 09:48 PM
just orderd four stroke techs 465 kit and oil cooler, and i plain on doing labor but iam not sure on a fair machine shop prices for sleaving and boring , the bottom case needs to be bored too, i havent heard of this but was wondering if you guys have this kit done, and is it sand flipper or rooster thanx again any input on this kit and install will help

ish416
04-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I have not heard of the FST 465 big bore kit until seeing it in the current issue of 4-Wheel ATV action.

I honestly am not interested in running a bore of this size.

I would be looking more towards a 416 or 426 with a 4mm stroked crank. A 416 would then become a 440 and a 426 would be a 450. Then again, that involves splitting the cases and I don't want to do that.

The main issue of going with a large bore like that is head work. If you don't have any work done to the head it just won't flow and you will be basically wasting your money. I would go with some type of port work and a decent cam. I would also seriously consider a 450R FCR carb to wake it up.

I am ready to see a review of this kit outside of magazine publications. Looking forward to seeing if this will actually run with the 450s.

dtsesTHX
04-28-2010, 11:06 PM
port and polished heads for sure, and yeah 450 carb too , the cam my buddy is finding the best cam set up most of the labor will be cheap its just parts and bore work i dont have any buddys on that end

dtsesTHX
04-30-2010, 11:15 PM
450 buck to have a buddy port and polish the head, with new bigger intake valves , i will keep everone informed but i think i will have it done 2-3 months on a budget so part by part

honda400ex2003
04-30-2010, 11:27 PM
it is supposed to be a sick kit. I am not sure if it can be done on a "budget" though lol. it will def be a runner if you take your time and do it right with the hd stuff. get hd head studs, cam chain, clutch and you will be set. get a good full exhaust if you dont have one, ( i forgot to check your sig to see if anything was in there) lol, a stage 3 hotcam or maybe a webcam to really open it up the most you can, the 450 carb will be nice and will probably have to have a custom jet drilled for the 460 along with the big valves and port and polish. open up the airbox lid and let it breath and it will RIP:eek2: I know there are a few guys around and there are quite a few threads on the 460 in general, jetting, and numerous other things. when you are inbetween parts, do some reading and you will learn quite a bit. I would def check out the different grinds on the cams and pick a good one. the more air you can get in and out the cooler it will be too to go with the fst cooler and such. I would get a bigger oil tank also. just a few ideas of how i would do a 460 setup. If you are going that big, go all out or not at all lol. there wont be any going back after that beast. steve