PDA

View Full Version : Hello Gents

Dustin_Drews
04-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok finally got TRX-Y assembled enough to go up and down the street. I did a few heat cycles to break in the engine so all is well.
Ok the only issue I have now is I have no HIT at all or top end.
Now Before you say its jetting hear me out!

It seems to be running like it is rich on the top end so I went down a few sizes keeping an eye on the plug and it went lean and still no help.
So i went richer till it was black and still no help.

I checked the timing it is right at the F when at idle when I give it a little throttle the it moves left of the pointer about 3/8s of an inch Toward the the T.
Is it ever going to need to move more then that?
The next thing i did was move the LRD adjustable pipe all the way togeather to bring out more top end. This helped a bunch but it still has a flat top end. Almost like it is constipated? Not cleaning out and giving that good pull that most Rs have? But it is not muffled... I tired it with no silencer thinking it could be plugged and no help.
I checked the reeds, they are new no chips or cracks, ect.
I did a compression check and it was right at 190 after a few kicks
The carb is a 38mm PWK that is opening 100%
the needle is second from the bottom. I have moved it around but it does not help.
50 pilot.
172 main any lower it is to lean!
I can get it to adjusted to Idle at 475 rpm so that rules out any air leaks.
It is a 310 so I should not be over carb with the 38mm
But that is what it seems like?
What am I over looking?
Starts 1 kick all the time hot or cold just no top end it never comes on the pipe?
God Bless,
Thanks for the help
Dustin

Dustin_Drews
04-29-2010, 02:17 PM
anyone?

rocketshops
04-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Try a smaller pilot, it sounds wierd, but it will affect top end if it is excessively rich

Langbolt
04-29-2010, 07:34 PM
You are running this with the Air box LID off right ???

:devil:

Dustin_Drews
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Air box lid is off also airfilter was taken off and tried that way?
I finally got it into the woods and it seems to be getting better... Bot I still do not understand this thing? I have been working on engines for 20 years and this one has got me stummped?
I am guessing it is a combination of componants not working togeather correctly...
God Bless,
Dustin

k7mm
04-30-2010, 09:45 PM
It sounds like you have an air leak.When you get on it in the top end thats when it's sucking the air.It could be your reed cage gaskets,not sure about your head with the 190 compression test,but very possible.It could be your crank case seal on the left side of the engine behind your flywheel.On the 310 you still need to tork down the base gasket even though you can't get a regular socket on the front.You can pick up a wrench type socket that excepts a rachet for that.If you do,I would tork down all four base nuts with the adaptor.I've had this happen to me and know it's very frustrating.It's like your constantly trying to work the bugs out of your engine.Without a leak down test it will be hard to pinpoint the air leak,but do not be afraid to change that crank case seal!Keith