PDA

View Full Version : How old or too big?

06raptor700
04-28-2010, 06:27 PM
What age range do you guys think the kids are getting too big for an lt80, i have a 9 year old that rides a stock polaris 90 now. I found a nice lt80 with some mods, but dont want to buy it if its only going to fit him for a year or so

LT80
04-29-2010, 05:43 AM
My daughter raced the LT80 till 15.
Did she look big on it? Heck yes. Could she throw the machine around instead of it throwing her? Heck yes!
I'ts been my expierience that as soon as a rider gets big enough to actually ride and controll a machine, the parent gets a big idea and puts a kid on a machine that'll just throw the rider, not the other way around.
Physical size of the rider and mentallity old enough to ride a bigger machine is what to think of IMO.
My kids were not on a big machine (230 zuki and 300ex)till 12.

As far as my opinion on the LT80, it's a rock solid machine but the suspension leaves alot to be desired.
I'd seriously consider modding out the Polaris, Unless you need another machine anyways.
AND what some ppl call mods, are not mods (that mean speed and power) to me.
What mods are done to the LT80 your looking at. Maybe I can save you money and/or grief.:)

06raptor700
04-29-2010, 07:31 AM
+2a arms carb pipe and silencer,works shocks,clutch work,headlight mod

LT80
04-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Sounds like a fair machine.
If bought, hopefully the seller has the stock carb and airbox.
I'm not a big fan of the 20mm carb. They work OK but they tend to break out of the alum adapter they put it in to bolt up.
The Works shocks are about $500. new.
A-arms prolly $325.+
Carb $1. LOL
You said pipe and silencer..Must be a FMF :) $300 or so.
You can go by those figures and decide whether it's a good deal or not. :)

06raptor700
04-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Sounds like a fair machine.
If bought, hopefully the seller has the stock carb and airbox.
I'm not a big fan of the 20mm carb. They work OK but they tend to break out of the alum adapter they put it in to bolt up.
The Works shocks are about $500. new.
A-arms prolly $325.+
Carb $1. LOL
You said pipe and silencer..Must be a FMF :) $300 or so.
You can go by those figures and decide whether it's a good deal or not. :)
Thanks, your a big help!