PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Nosspeedca
04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Disappointed

Well here is my story, bought a 2009 xmx beginning of 09... Since then…
• 09 season
o Bent frame- my fault
• 10 season
o Well I blew clutch up, but halfway through the 09 season can-am change the clutches. I was never allotted the update. So last race clutch blew.

o While at the shop they say my cam shaft needs replaced because it won’t decompress?

o Dealer on the phone trying to figure everything out says can-am will not back anything because of being a part of the race program? Wtf shouldn’t they back me more?

o Call can-am service dept last two days says lines are all full.

o Anyone have phone number directly to the race dept?

o I know its racing but I believe they should help with the clutch and the cam because of design error.

o Thinking I should of went a different way with another quad now

**Update**

Well, after talking with the race team directly and through the dealer can-am is backing the issue and paying for the clucth and the cam. Very good news for us! Around $680...

simond
04-28-2010, 07:11 PM
**** happen buddy...on every quad you 're gonna kill a clutcha fter a season in general....

That's the race world!

TNT
04-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Just curious what type of symptons your were experiencing with bad decompression, was it hard to start? Medcop a member bike was getting hung up on the compression stroke sounded like and I was guessing it to be the prob.

You could call Warnert racing, get thier # off thier website they probably can get you a new or used exhaust cam and thier not that hard to replace yourself nor the clutch BCS makes a good billet one.

ds450xracer
04-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Race Dept # 1-450-532-2211. They might answer in French but they speak English

blaster99
04-29-2010, 04:40 AM
Clutches happen... that's a part of racing. Replacing your basket with a bcs basket will increase your reliability because the stock baskets tend to explode. I use stock plates in mine and I have not had one problem. With you cam problem, the stock exhaust cam is $132 from the dealer I think. Put an exhaust cam over on the intake side for a bit more power.

florentino
04-29-2010, 09:03 AM
my motor has never fail or cluch but all i have is a pipe.
i thing that once you put 10 more hps things are going to break.
i also know that some guys burn cluches real fast on any bike because the way they ride. clean oil helps alot.

can am is a great bike if not the best

the hard part is to keep it running.

i realy hope that they make a better frame

Nosspeedca
04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by TNT
Just curious what type of symptons your were experiencing with bad decompression, was it hard to start? Medcop a member bike was getting hung up on the compression stroke sounded like and I was guessing it to be the prob.

You could call Warnert racing, get thier # off thier website they probably can get you a new or used exhaust cam and thier not that hard to replace yourself nor the clutch BCS makes a good billet one.

Yeah it was getting hung up on the compression stroke....

Nosspeedca
04-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah a clutch is a clutch its racing just bothers me how they switched mid season and i wasnt offered an "update". The clutch is not what bothers me so much as having to replace a cam after one season.

nate450x
04-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Can't they just get the decompression part and not the whole cam. I bought an exhaust cam from BCS and we just took the decomp. off my cam because i was using it on the intake side. There is just a pin holding it in. If it would save you some money i am willing to sell it for a reasonable price!! Just let me know!!

Nosspeedca
04-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by nate450x
Can't they just get the decompression part and not the whole cam. I bought an exhaust cam from BCS and we just took the decomp. off my cam because i was using it on the intake side. There is just a pin holding it in. If it would save you some money i am willing to sell it for a reasonable price!! Just let me know!!

Thanks but the cam and everything is back in already. shi**

Nosspeedca
05-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Update

ngarbe561
05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
i love when pepole complian about ther race stuff breaking and say they shoulda got a diffrent brand becuse when ur racing these problems can happen to anything the cam decompressor has noting to do with design error that happens now the clutch problem was actually in the 08s and they came out with the fix in 08 or at leats when i aksed about that i was told the 09s had the fix done to them and when i the factory wont do work under warrenty to race bikes becuse they unlike alot of pepole know and understan that **** breaks alot in racing u think pepole would figure that out but yet pepole still complian when there race bikes break i find it extremely suprising

DVXchic
05-21-2010, 01:04 PM
^^ That is the longest sentence ever.

ngarbe561
05-21-2010, 11:31 PM
ooooo man u have made way longer ones than that hahaha

cdrookie
05-23-2010, 08:37 AM
i think the only word he spelled correctly was "a"