PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Info

hjsmith00843
04-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I am doing away with every thing I do not want on my atv. Lights, Factory start switch, kill switch and tail lights.

The only controls I plan on having is the key switch, a push starter button and a pull kill switch. No other switches or indicator lights.

I have read the sechmatics the best I could and this is how I understand the electrics to work.

On the switch for the ingition on/off. It looks to be normally open when the vehicle is in the running position it closes to gound to turn off. It is the black and white wire. To do away with this switch I was going to follow the gound to it starting point (juntion of grounds) and remove this wire (green). The power wire black/white remove it at its junction as well. This should do away with the switch.

Starter switch. Remove all of the neutral safety crap light green wires. And wires leading to the energizing switch to the silonoied. Run a power to ground normally open switch (momentary switch) to it. Gonna use a motor bike kill switch mounted on a custom dash..

just removing the wires for the indicator lights all togather.

I will be shutting the bike down by its key or either the pull kill switch.

Does anyone else see a problem with this before I tape it back up?