PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura Exhaust

zracer31
04-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Got one for sale if youre looking for a great step up in power and sound. Save the money of a new one as this is a nice piece.

$250 + shipping

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae110/z400racer31/449.jpg

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae110/z400racer31/452.jpg

Minndave13
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Tell us more about the exhaust (how much does it weigh, does it come with a spark arrestor, what year is it, what year of quad did it come off of?)

cataway
04-30-2010, 08:01 AM
its a yoshjmura.............it speeks for its self ,one of the best.

you should be jumping all over it

Minndave13
04-30-2010, 09:27 AM
You won't give me some basic info? I want to know how much it weighs so I can figure what shipping costs will be, Does it come with a spark arrestor- I ride in the wood mostly and will need one, how old is it? I need to know so I can on availability of parts. cataway-- stay out of the conversation if your not involved. At first I thought I was talking to zracer31 until I checked the name (lucky I did- I was about to tell the wrong person to go take a hike!) If I want a product that is for sale I think I should know some things about the product before I purchase- Am I wrong? I am setting here with a down quad because I ordered some parts that will not work with out replacing parts I can't get. So now it's the beginning of riding season here and I can't get parts I need.

T-Chad24
05-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Hello. Where do you live? I am interested in this, and I would need to know where you are so that I can know about shipping...

86250rrider
05-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Minndave13
You won't give me some basic info? I want to know how much it weighs so I can figure what shipping costs will be, Does it come with a spark arrestor- I ride in the wood mostly and will need one, how old is it? I need to know so I can on availability of parts. cataway-- stay out of the conversation if your not involved. At first I thought I was talking to zracer31 until I checked the name (lucky I did- I was about to tell the wrong person to go take a hike!) If I want a product that is for sale I think I should know some things about the product before I purchase- Am I wrong? I am setting here with a down quad because I ordered some parts that will not work with out replacing parts I can't get. So now it's the beginning of riding season here and I can't get parts I need.

DUDE...ITS A GOOD PIPE IN GREAT SHAPE. yoshi has great service. if your not ok with it, buy from your local dealer.:rolleyes:

it has 2 nuts and two bolts...you can do it yourself im sure

Minndave13
05-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Yes i'm sure it is a good pipe, and I'm sure it will sell fast( if it already hasn't). I was just asking some need to know questions and someone not involved in the conversation jumped in. Let me talk to the seller and find out the information I am seeking so I could have purchased this product instead of speaking to someone that has nothing to do with the conversation. I thought I asked some very good questions, does it come with what some would consider basics(spark arrestor), how much does it weigh so I could figure out shipping, how old is the system (I don't want someone else's problem). Am I clear. Minndave.

86250rrider
05-25-2010, 09:54 PM
does it have a factory warranty ?

has it ever been wet ?

has it ever been involved in a lemon law situation ?

what is the chemical makeup of all the pieces ?

is this considered to be a " green pipe " ?

what type of filler would you use for packing ?

what color would this filler be ?

what size box would you use to ship ?

can i see 27 more pics of this exhaust ?

can i see a video of this exhaust being used ?

do the original stickers come with this exhaust ?

will this exhaust be louder than the factory exhaust ?

will i gain 25 horsepower by using this exhaust ?

can i be any more anal than this ?

i wonder if i should just pay 500 dollars for a new one and not torture this seller ?

geee.... i wonder what a squid

:macho

Minndave13
05-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Well lesson learned! Next time I will reply directly to the seller (Like i already have). 86250rrider-I have a bridge to sell you, It's a damn fine bridge. Believe me I do own it, take my word. Better yet I have this like new quad for sale. It runs real good, believe me, but no you can't hear it run, take my word it runs really good and you will save some bucks. Even on this forum others have stated on this or that steal of a deal only to later post that the quad is a piece of junk and that it isn't worth half the asking price. I was just asking questions that any buyer would (should) be asking. Now let this issue go-your not proving your point! Minndave:D :D

86250rrider
05-26-2010, 03:07 AM
its a fin pipe dave.....not much can go wrong. a sucker will always find the tool.... lol

Minndave13
05-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I agree, I think it is a really good pipe, and I bet it is worth every penny. I just wanted to know more about it. Having problems in the past with others I wanted to know some details, talking with zracer I was able to find out that he has taken out the spark arrestor and he "thinks" he has it somewhere in a shed. I also wanted to know the weight so I could figure out the cost of shipping. Now he wants about 30.00 for shipping when others would charge 15.00, so now the cost is more like 280.00 instead of 250.00. Does it need to have new baffling (if it uses any)? Can I still get parts if I need some? These are things I need to be finding out before I purchase. I have bought items in the past on items that the deals were to good to pass up, only to get the item home and find out that the one part that I didn't get to make this part work for the application I bought it for is now NLA (No Longer Available). Now if I bought a product for 100.00 and I can't use it because I can't get the part I need to make it work, I just threw away 100.00 bucks. Now 250.00 is a really good price and should work for any Z. But add in all of the costs 250.00 for the pipe, 30.00 for shipping, and lets say 20.00 for the spark arrestor, thats 300.00. Plus don't let me forget that I will have to purchase new jets- lets say another 25.00 that's 325.00 right. Now a dealer in my area has the same exhaust on his shelf for 450.00, is it worth the extra 125.00 to get something brand new and it comes with all these parts included. Plus I can look over the item before I purchase plus I can get it the same day (bonus). Me, I would go for the newer one, but that's just me. Luckily I live in a big city where I do have a larger option of looking for my quad parts, some do not. After being burned, I am doing a little more research on the items I am purchasing for my quad. I bought a used Edelbrock Carb and I needed some parts from them (new head stay, throttle cables& twist throttle, and needles -jets). Their customer service is very poor and it has taken me over two months just to get these parts together. Now my deal would have been good if I could readily get parts from edelbrock but I now wish that I would have gotten a new eddy that does come with all these parts included. Tell the truth I still don't know if the carb works because I am waiting on one more part to put my project together and fire up. I will have this part friday so this weekend I should find out how good this deal really was (I'm crossing my fingers). Still having fun though. Minndave13.:D

86250rrider
05-26-2010, 01:32 PM
the packing is a lifetime type. ask me how i know.

dvx400_boy
05-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Minndave13
I agree, I think it is a really good pipe, and I bet it is worth every penny. I just wanted to know more about it. Having problems in the past with others I wanted to know some details, talking with zracer I was able to find out that he has taken out the spark arrestor and he "thinks" he has it somewhere in a shed. I also wanted to know the weight so I could figure out the cost of shipping. Now he wants about 30.00 for shipping when others would charge 15.00, so now the cost is more like 280.00 instead of 250.00. Does it need to have new baffling (if it uses any)? Can I still get parts if I need some? These are things I need to be finding out before I purchase. I have bought items in the past on items that the deals were to good to pass up, only to get the item home and find out that the one part that I didn't get to make this part work for the application I bought it for is now NLA (No Longer Available). Now if I bought a product for 100.00 and I can't use it because I can't get the part I need to make it work, I just threw away 100.00 bucks. Now 250.00 is a really good price and should work for any Z. But add in all of the costs 250.00 for the pipe, 30.00 for shipping, and lets say 20.00 for the spark arrestor, thats 300.00. Plus don't let me forget that I will have to purchase new jets- lets say another 25.00 that's 325.00 right. Now a dealer in my area has the same exhaust on his shelf for 450.00, is it worth the extra 125.00 to get something brand new and it comes with all these parts included. Plus I can look over the item before I purchase plus I can get it the same day (bonus). Me, I would go for the newer one, but that's just me. Luckily I live in a big city where I do have a larger option of looking for my quad parts, some do not. After being burned, I am doing a little more research on the items I am purchasing for my quad. I bought a used Edelbrock Carb and I needed some parts from them (new head stay, throttle cables& twist throttle, and needles -jets). Their customer service is very poor and it has taken me over two months just to get these parts together. Now my deal would have been good if I could readily get parts from edelbrock but I now wish that I would have gotten a new eddy that does come with all these parts included. Tell the truth I still don't know if the carb works because I am waiting on one more part to put my project together and fire up. I will have this part friday so this weekend I should find out how good this deal really was (I'm crossing my fingers). Still having fun though. Minndave13.:D

your a ****ing idiot!! it doesnt matter what year it is they dont change anything from model to model of the pipe year to year... prob has the baffel seeing he doesnt say "no baffel" and yoshis are loud as it is. and doesnt matter how much shipping is cause 250 +say 30 bucks shipping worst case scinerio thats only 280... if you buy the pipe for 450 from a dealer thats 510 with tax and they arnt going to give you the new jets so you have to buy those anyways. your a dumb ***. its not buying a car...its a pipe...look at the pics... and look it up! go to yoshimura.com and look at the specs. hes not gunna go to the bathroom and put it on his scale. **** dude your annoying as ****. you sound like my dad

86250rrider
05-27-2010, 09:08 PM
one must be an educated shopper !!! roflmmfao:D

dvx400_boy
05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
hahahahah from now on let just write a report on a pair of tires were gunna sell lol. maybe have our english professer proff read it too hahhaha

Minndave13
05-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah that was my point. Am kinda curious about the baffle tough. By the way dvx boy- I live on the Oregon border, Oregon does not have sales tax. So the pipe would have cost me 450.00 out the door with spark arrestor and jets included (pays to shop around). With all the scams today you must ask some questions before you purchase from someone you've never met. That's all I was trying to say, 86250rrider even agrees with this one (Thanks for the friendly back and forth- you have my respect 86250rrider) Keep up with the bad posting dvxboy and I will have to talk to your daddy, by the way you spelled proof wrong. P.S. the carb works good. Still having fun, Minndave13 :D

sd1
05-27-2010, 11:48 PM
ROTFLOL 86250Rider.....one of the funniest threads i've seen in a while.....minn..its a yoshi system, all parts are available for it..you can easily just call yoshi yourself and confirm it.....i've been to yoshi many times and they treat their customers very well there....and their R&D department is one of the best in the industry today.....heres a toll free number for them....(800) 634-9166

Minndave13
05-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I never said it was a bad exhaust, I just wanted alittle info to make sure it still was a good exhaust, and that I wouldn't have to dump a butt load of cash into. Like I stated I have been scammed before and I just am making sure that does not happen again. If I paid for the exhaust and never received it then I would have to go through the burden of trying to get my money back. If you all want the exhaust so bad then why don't you purchase it. Now to let you all an a secret, I am using this for practice on my typing and also to get more practice on another thing I am working on. I will be here as long as someone has something to say, I will make sure to check often and to reply as promptly as possible. Since we all have opinions I will be more than happy to give you mine. I will make sure to make my responses as long as possible and to listen to your responses as well. But also keep in mind that I will make sure to have the last word and final say. Personally I am quite enjoying this friendly banter on this forum. I am enjoying how some of you are saying this or that when there is little or no reason for you to respond to something that you don't even have any idea on what is going on. Like I stated I have contacted the seller privately and got the details from him. I am up to about 1300 characters and am allowed 15,000 how much longer should I go on? I can keep going if you want me to. How's the weather in your area? They are forecasting rain in our area tomorrow, man I hope it clears up in our area so we can have a nice memorial weekend. But I'm sure we will live with whatever we get. I would like to have some nice weather though so I can tune my quad. Just put the eddy on and now have to tune so I don't have any bogs or running to rich. Man only up to about 1800 characters what do I say next-Let's see what you all have to say so I can speak my mind some more. Hey let's talk about the Prezz or maybe about the nice oil spill in the gulf--sure they got other forums for that but why not here? I got something to say and why not say it here! If you have a valid point please make it, if not, well----. Thanks for the practice on my typing, looking forward for more practice in the future. Still having fun though, Minndave13 :D :D :D

86250rrider
05-28-2010, 03:54 AM
That's all I was trying to say, 86250rrider even agrees with this one (Thanks for the friendly back and forth- you have my respect 86250rrider

ohh...this IS precious :cool:

dvx400_boy
05-28-2010, 09:10 AM
LMFAO^

86250rrider
05-28-2010, 09:12 AM
:huh :rolleyes: :D :D :chinese:

sd1
05-28-2010, 12:06 PM
ROTFLOL ^^^