PDA

View Full Version : what parts for TT, what tires

Trxracr
04-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I recently crashed and broke my back so i wont be able to do mx next season so im thinkin about converting my yfz to a TT quad i no a swaybar, lowering kit, and tires. anything else im not thinking of? and what brand of tires are best? thanks

yfzttracer76
04-28-2010, 07:58 PM
american racer tires, but hoosier has a contigency plan. You dont need a lowering kit if you can lower your quad with its shocks... Lowering kits can change the angle of the shock, which could ruin their performance. Get a shorter swingiarm and I would recommend an engine with lots of power up top. Take it one step at a time...

csr250r
04-30-2010, 09:53 AM
I run american racers, they work good cause I have the baldest tires in my class and still do well. (tires cost me 10 bucks a piece from local pro).

I know this is ghetto but you can weld two tabs on your linkage and drill a hole same size as stock one, and put your bolt through that to lower it.

BakerRacing40
05-01-2010, 02:28 AM
For tires I use Hoosier fronts and American Racer rears. Use 18" or 59" for the rears and my front Hoosiers are 57x6 I think. Hoosier now has a 5.5" wide front tire that is pretty sweet . If you really want to go cheap on tires you can find somebody that has a micro sprint car and you can use the fronts and the left rear, their just a little bigger than what's prefered.

And for lowering the rear you can either buy the lowering link or spin your preloaded nuts all the way up and drill a new lower hole 3/4" center to center from the stock hole. Doesn't bind at all . Front lowering kits are a wasteof time. And remember you want the front to sit higher than the rear for better weight transfer....