PDA

View Full Version : GNCC modified's

cwjr
04-28-2010, 12:42 PM
I talked with GNCC and they said the kid with the kx85 engine was not legal and no bikes in the future would be legal.

FISH ON!
04-28-2010, 06:58 PM
They need to get the supermini class back and let the Cobras and the nonproduction mods run together! They may get a few more if the nonproduction quads were allowed. Jeff doesn't even respond to my emails about that any more.

Arctic Cat Dad
04-29-2010, 05:23 AM
They will never get back to u. They don't care about the racers and what they want. They only care about the money. When we were in the mini class they put the 70 cobra in the 70 class with my boy,because they said it couldn't run in the 90 mod class because it had a clutch! But the real reason was some of the high profile dads went crying to Rita. I watched them. But they put it in the 70 class go figure. And he still beat him!! It cost me $100 tho. I bribed him. Told him if you beat that cobra you get $100 from me. Works EVERY time.

We asked them for years to start a hybrid class or something.Because alot of kids are to big and override the cvt's and they can't handle a bigger rider that will keep it pinned.

That's the main reason we quit the GNCC'S. They don't care about U

TRI-Z3
05-05-2010, 06:50 PM
May I ask what the kx 85 motor was in that made not legal? this is a 90 MOD class?? last year it was NO cobras THIS YEAR no shifters should we call it gncc cvt only where if a race quad shows up the parents run to protest it dq it we only want these china quads out here at the AMA gncc races. my kid wants to race some gncc races and was looking foward to doing so now that he could run super mini now they zip the class and ban the bikes. Rita Coombs dont even get me started .:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :grr:

Yuk33
05-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I agree, if it's a 90 mod class, what's the problem. We ran a cvt against mainly all cobra's in 06', my son and I just worked harder.
We still run a higher cc' class because my son wants to get better. When we run another series against equal cc's, we do very well.
Right now we run a cobra 70 shifter in the 90 mod class, my son is working hard and enjoying it, the series only has 90 stock or 90 mod doesn't matter if its cvt, ss, or shifter.
I know this is our choice, but you have to pay if you want to play, or at least do some homework on your equipment.

Arctic Cat Dad
05-06-2010, 06:40 PM
It not because it's a manual. It has to be a production frame with production engine. Manual's can run in the mod class.

guy310
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
It has to be a production frame with production engine. Manual's can run in the mod class.

Which makes it only a Cobra class for manuals. What a joke. I can't believe that someone would complain about a kx85 mod and get a kid dq'ed. What a bunch of whiners.

TRI-Z3
05-09-2010, 05:10 AM
the (( 90 SLIGHTLY MOD)) class lol or 90 improved stock so a JB mod could run what it was built with??? Whiners - o ya !

Arctic Cat Dad
05-09-2010, 02:28 PM
No a JB couldn't run in that class. It has to be a DRR,Apex,Yammy,Honda,Eton,Pitser,Suzuki,Kawy,Cobra and names like that.

guy310
05-09-2010, 09:37 PM
which is not real 90 mods. this is why I can't wait until my 13 year old turns 16. Can't deal with the BS of mini parents. We built a DRR yz85 mod and can't wait to run the 450's in the womens class. 90 mod at mx nationals is whatever i built to make it a 90 mod whether that be a JB or a cobra or a DRR.

mmsoup
05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
No offense meant but Chuck Welch isn't whining

His point is that Hybrids AND Cobras belong in a class of their own

CVT 90's whether with Malossi's or 2Fasts or Chris Grissom heads with PVL's and pipes and suspension still can't hang with a well tuned Cobra or certainly not a well tuned Hybrid. Primarily due to the inefficiencies in the transmission

GNCC made a mistake this year allowing shifters in the 90 mod class, plain and simple. The big money for GNCC comes from the Adult Quads and primarily all three bike races. The mini quads just weren't focused on and with the Super Mini class being so-o-o-o-o small last year they assumed that they could just combine the classes.

They didn't take into account that they would have MORE Pittsters and a couple of Cobras and could have had a REAL Super Mini class if they had just had faith. That being said, if we had a Super Mini Class it would be ridiculous to ban the hybrids although somebody would probably try

The saga continues...........

FISH ON!
05-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by mmsoup
No offense meant but Chuck Welch isn't whining

His point is that Hybrids AND Cobras belong in a class of their own

CVT 90's whether with Malossi's or 2Fasts or Chris Grissom heads with PVL's and pipes and suspension still can't hang with a well tuned Cobra or certainly not a well tuned Hybrid. Primarily due to the inefficiencies in the transmission

GNCC made a mistake this year allowing shifters in the 90 mod class, plain and simple. The big money for GNCC comes from the Adult Quads and primarily all three bike races. The mini quads just weren't focused on and with the Super Mini class being so-o-o-o-o small last year they assumed that they could just combine the classes.

They didn't take into account that they would have MORE Pittsters and a couple of Cobras and could have had a REAL Super Mini class if they had just had faith. That being said, if we had a Super Mini Class it would be ridiculous to ban the hybrids although somebody would probably try

The saga continues...........

Very well put!

The class changes were also made way to late in the game (a few weeks before the season started) for everybody to have a chance to decide what to put their kid on.

mmsoup
05-13-2010, 07:42 PM
They did the same thing with the girls class. We were in the dark on the rules until the last minute.

What do you do?

BTW, Kira said Zach was very polite in the woods at Yadkinville

FISH ON!
05-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Zach is a very clean rider and rarely bumps anybody except for maybe the holeshot. That doesn't mean he isn't aggressive, he just gives the other rider room. He's fast but not real fast but he makes up for it by riding smart not wreckless. That's probably why he had his worst finish at Yadkinville and why he has a lot of 2nd and 3rd place finishes and no DNFs. I'm good with that because he hasn't broken any bones yet and this is only his second year on a quad and he's second in points. Yadkinville is tight...... he got the holeshot by a few bike lengths but we didn't get there in time to walk the course and he was being cautious that first lap not knowing what is around the corner. It cost him when he got pinned on a tree giving a passing rider to much room. He couldn't pull it off the tree and lost a lot of time. Then he put it in the creek on the third lap trying to make a pass.

TRI-Z3
05-14-2010, 07:05 AM
One of the issues with cobras in super mini only..A 10 yearold kid on a 70 cobra shifter..cant race in super mini. his age is correct for the quad size but not for super mini. and couldent run 90 mod cause of the cry baby parents with cvts who want a trophy for there little ones! if your in 90 mod with a cvt hey you should be able to take full advantage of not having to think/shift at the same time and accept racing thoes kids that have to shift on all quads all forms moddified to there fullest up to 90 cc i think there is like 3 other classes where its cvt only 90 sr 90 jr production mabey more there could be a class where its race quads up to 90 cc if your there with a cvt its your choice same goes with custom builds HOW MANY 90 CVT ONLY CLASSES DO THEY NEED come on!! one for every kid who races???

cwjr
05-14-2010, 07:07 AM
i say we all vote for the hybrids next year to fill up the supermini class with the cobras and pitsers....
I wouldnt say Charlie is a dirty racer but he is not polite in the woods....He is very aggressive racer and is not scared to tell others to get out of his way..

cwjr
05-14-2010, 07:11 AM
We only have 6 classes in Gncc for an avg of about 75 racers....2 90 mod, 2 90 stock, 70 mod, and a girls class....

edwardsp&b
05-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Hey Todd,
It doesnt get any better in mx either. Ben has been hit about 10 times already this season. Ive had to replace one silencer, rebuild another, and have bent them countless times in just 3 races. Last race we were at, Ben was chasing this kid for 4th place when they hit a big double. Ben didnt let out and the other kid did letting Ben pass him. Ben said as he squared up to hit the next table he felt a BOOM in the rear, knocking him off track and back in 5th place. He was pretty mad after that. I had to have a talk with him on the way home about not taking revenge and that it was just racing. I told him that i would pull him off track if i see him doing something stupid that would danger other riders, as i would expect others to do also.

Ben said to tell Zach hey, and he is ready to line up and duel it out with Zach again.

bryan

FISH ON!
05-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Hey Bryan,

You headed to the MX Nationals this weekend? That's a long haul ! If not, are you thinking about DP's last race of the season Saturday. They are suppose to have a lot of stuff to give away....... alot more than last year. I have to go to a wedding in Hilton Head today but I'm thinking about coming back early to go to DP. Call me if you plan to go........ Zach and Ben would have a great time there. We went to the last one and Zach forgot how those starting gates were and he rode over it...standing the quad up on the rear wheels. He won both motos.

Todd

edwardsp&b
05-14-2010, 09:54 AM
No, were are not heading to Illinois this weekend. Im kinda glad because i heard they were towing everybody in to the track. That always makes for a crappy weekend dealing with all that mud. With school letting out, and honors stuff we couldnt have made it.

Ben wants to go to durhamtown sat, but we have nothing to ride. I cant bring out his national quads for fear of tearing them up (we have to be in Pa in 2 weeks) and his cobra isnt running. Im going to try to get it running right tonight and if so we might make it. If not good luck and we hope to see you guys at some Sequads before the year is out. We finally have some races in that series close to us this year in Ga.

Ps. did yall make lorrettas for gncc?
we saw some pics and man it was nasty up there!
bryan

nastynotchback1
05-14-2010, 02:01 PM
bryan suck it up and come on out sat.i would love to see the gates full for this last race.last race there was only 2 70cc there so they ran use with the 90cc bikes.

mmsoup
05-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Chuck

Charlie is just plain fast

And I wasn't implying the inverse with respect to Zach.

Chuck is right again we don't have the number of classes the MX events have

I am also fairly certain that we could address the age issue on shifters if we acted as a group