PDA

View Full Version : lt 80 filter

alex2oo9
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
hi there,

i wanted to take the quad out for a run tommorrow, but the carb manifold (between the filter + carb) has torn.

could i get away with using a cone filter till i get a new manifold?

also, i dont suppose anyone knows which is the right way for the petrol hoses as i forgot to note down when took off :o

thanks for any help

LT80
04-29-2010, 05:33 AM
I'll presume that the cone filter would attach right to the carb. I'd say it'd be OK but I'd get the correct boot asap.

The hole closest to the motor is the vaccum supply hose to the petcock. Middle is fuel supply. Front hole is the vent.

alex2oo9
05-06-2010, 02:09 PM
i got the correct boot etc, i also bought a yamaha banshee petcock, i had it started for about 5 mins, then it died and started leaking out the overflow??

i cleaned the carb etc , but do i need to block of the vacumm?

i think my oil pump is working fine but do u recommened disabling it? as i dont fancy it breaking down, thanks

marcop300
05-08-2010, 05:29 PM
what site did you buy your "yamaha banshee petcock"for your LT 80? also what yr is your LT. and how much did you pay for the Petcock?

thanks

LT80
05-08-2010, 06:33 PM
A LT160, LT250 petcocks work too.
Alex, you need to fix the float problem (gas running out of the vent hole). Did you romove the float needle and needle seat and clean all well? Is the needle wore where it fits into the seat?
Yes, the vaccum hole needs to be plugged.