PDA

View Full Version : 400 wont start

lo400trx
04-28-2010, 11:35 AM
alright i have a 400ex and when i push the start button nothing happens the battery is good. it works when i jump the solenoid and i check the fuses. any ideas? thanks

200-400ex
04-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Does the solenoid click when start button is pushed?
If not then it could need replaced.

Way to check solenoid:
First unhook it from the wheeler completely.
Then hook the small yellow wire with green stripe to positive side of battery. Then hook small yellow wire with red stripe to negative side.
Solenoid should have continuity between the 2 posts with it hooked up this way and no continuity when not hooked up at all.

lo400trx
04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
no it does not click. im going to do that today thanks

97WarriorRider
06-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Im having the same problem, Fires right up when I cross the solenoid with a screw driver but it does absolutely nothing when I push the button. I am going to check the solenoid with the way said above. But what will it do when you hook it up, If its good will it click or what?

440ex. ehhh!!
06-14-2010, 01:48 PM
my 440 does this sometimes. all i have to do is reach under the rear left fender and wiggle the red rubber cap down there, then it starts up by pushing the start button. but if it doesn't start by pushing the button, i hear a click and the neutral light goes off. thats when i wiggle the red cap.
not sure what it is, but it fixes it. :p

400ex=awesome
06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
you can only start the 400ex by using the selinoid if the ignition wire is unplugged up front make shure its plugged in

Jonas
06-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
my 440 does this sometimes. all i have to do is reach under the rear left fender and wiggle the red rubber cap down there, then it starts up by pushing the start button. but if it doesn't start by pushing the button, i hear a click and the neutral light goes off. thats when i wiggle the red cap.
not sure what it is, but it fixes it. :p

If you have not already check it, you should check to see that your ground strap is grounded to bare metal as you have a power coat on it. Additionally, you should make sure that your subframe and main frame are connected with bare metal as your quad grounds through your subframe and then through the main frame and motor.

440ex. ehhh!!
06-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Jonas
If you have not already check it, you should check to see that your ground strap is grounded to bare metal as you have a power coat on it. Additionally, you should make sure that your subframe and main frame are connected with bare metal as your quad grounds through your subframe and then through the main frame and motor.

that makes sense. ill do that.

thanks
Josh