PDA

View Full Version : Corry Weller (400grl) Hi-Light video from Lucas Oil Series!

400grl
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey guys!! As many of you know, I have been racing short-course for a couple of years now - which is like MX, but with much bigger machines! They have a class this year just for our R1-powered Rhinos (called SR1's), and we are all having a blast this season! 140hp to the rear wheels - chain drive - these things RIP! Here is a little video made by Deviate Films of me and my car (the black/red one - older footage it's white) in the Lucas Oil Off Road Race Series! Just thought I'd share!!!

http://vimeo.com/11287691

Also, here are a couple of pics of my SR1 - all redone.....!

http://www.wellerracing.com/pictures/LOORRS%20RND%203-4%202010/images/IMG_3878.jpg

http://www.wellerracing.com/pictures/LOORRS%20RND%203-4%202010/images/IMG_3872.jpg

http://www.wellerracing.com/pictures/LOORRS%20RND%203-4%202010/images/IMG_3861.jpg

Jake250ex
04-28-2010, 10:50 AM
:eek: good lord!

unlimited budget?

a couple things im noticing

1. your super pretty

2. a stock rhino nose dives when jumped, they jump nose high!

3. why are they still mounting shocks to the top a arm? why doesnt someone mount it to the lower a arms like quads, and trophy trucks? youd be able to use alot longer shock and get more travel

4. where did you find your r1 motor?

5. do you leave the 4wd hooked up?

fandl450r
04-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Video was awesome! Wow you are super gorgeous!

Hmm what kinda price range does something like this run, a full built one?

400grl
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
It's actually considered the "budget" UTV class now.....it's very expensive to race the factory motors and keep them competitive.....we are talking 6-12K in each motor for the Rhinos, the Kawi's and the Polaris' are even more!

The SR1 class is just for race Rhinos....with R1 motors. They are pretty cheap on Ebay and they have tons of power! We make a kit that mounts the motors into race chassis, and comes with the whole rear drive set-up an everything!

Stock Rhino's jump nose heavy because of the springs in the rear and the weight of the bed. It also depends on how you approach a jump. These jump just like a quad - you can control them with the throttle - you can make them jump flat, nose up or nose down....it just depends on your approach and your throttle control.

Since we have to use the stock mounting points on the frame, you are still limited in your travel - I am getting 17" of wheel travel with the shocks mounted where they are. More than that would be overkill....you are limited to a 10" stroke for this class.

I found my R1 motor on Ebay - there are a ton of them on there.....

Nope - no 4-wheel drive - this is a straight chain drive system - no power loss - two wheel drive - six speed manual - it's a handful and a ton of fun! Just like driving a race truck, but a bit smaller!

bomberman
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM
marry me? haha:p

400grl
04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
LOL!! :)

A brand new - turnkey SR1 would be about $30k.....BUT....the reason we came up with this class was so that it would bring out all of the race Rhinos that werent' racing anymore....you can buy the NICEST, used, Championship winning race Rhinos now for 15k......sell the motor, the diffs...use that money to buy an R1 motor and the drive kit, and you are in the SR1 class for about $17k total. Sounds expensive to quad people, but for anyone who has raced short course or desert, that's actually a really cheap way to get into racing with the big dogs..... :)

Pappy
04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Looking good Corry!!

400grl
04-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys!!! Just thought it was a little different than what you normally see with UTV racing - things are jamming out here on the West coast! :)

jherbie28
04-28-2010, 01:17 PM
that looks like one hell of a ride......id be all about it if i had the chance

muddy400EX
04-28-2010, 01:34 PM
wow...did not expect you to look like that

but that looks like so much fun. is there a higher class that runs turbo busa and zx14 engines?:eek2:

400grl
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
No....right now the only class is for the SR1's, which have to run a stock R1 motor, years 2002 - 2008......but maybe the class will branch out after this season!

juice420
04-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, you are very pretty but, it's funny how everyone thinks that people on forums are like dog face - Igor - lookin people who live in their moms basement lol.

honda400ex2003
04-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Sweet video, looks like a blast to rip on one of those for a while. edit: switched comps the pics are sick too! steve

muddy400EX
04-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by juice420
Don't get me wrong, you are very pretty but, it's funny how everyone thinks that people on forums are like dog face - Igor - lookin people who live in their moms basement lol.

haha i dont think that.lol

its just that in my area,theres not any hot girls that ride quads,bikes, and especially a fully built race rhino,lol

LTandRaptorider
04-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Great vid, Corry! You should've left it run a little longer though, I wanted to see you kiss the trophy girl! :blah:

And of course you still look great! Seems like yesterday when you promised to come to my hospital room to give me a massage... :D

muddy400EX
04-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
Sweet video, looks like a blast to rip on one of those for a while. edit: switched comps the pics are sick too! steve

ya the pics just started working for me for some reason, those thing are crazy. i want to drive one!

chucked
04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I would trade everything I own for one of them

400grl
04-28-2010, 03:54 PM
That's funny about thinking how people look...it's funny how you always picture people on forums as looking a certain way, till you see their pic -then it's usually totally different! :)

The thing about these short course Rhinos is.....they are so fun on the track, and youc an turn around and throw the second seat in and head out to the dunes for the weekend without changing a thing! They are a TOTAL blast in the dunes - they transition and jump just like a quad, and are super fast in the drag races.....

I'm also going to do some desert races with this......it hauls ***** in the desert!

Glad you guys like the vid! Brian does a great job....look for a film called "Changing Course" coming out at the end of the year - it's a short course racing documentary....should be pretty cool!

jesseweaver
04-28-2010, 04:05 PM
wow that looks like a lot of fun.

if i had one i'd make it street legal :D

400grl
04-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Mine can be - I just have to register it. Am actually planning on doing that......would love to drive it to work! :)

honda400ex2003
04-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
That's funny about thinking how people look...it's funny how you always picture people on forums as looking a certain way, till you see their pic -then it's usually totally different! :)

speaking of which, lol I watched the vid three times to get it to load all the way expecting some 20 yr old girl to be at the end on the podium, while i waited for the end of the vid after it finally got all loaded, i checked out your profile and saw you were 33 engaged and had 2 kids. a bit old for me to google at, at 21 lol. although if i was 33-35 you would be much better looking lol. steve

ZBlaster
04-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Corry is still definitely a very attractive woman.

That Rhino is badass... A buddy and myself have been debating building a RZR to do the GNCC UTV racing, not quite as high speeded, but should still be fun. I'd absolutely love to drive one of those SR1 Rhinos one time.

honda400ex2003
04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
I sure didnt say she wasnt. if she was walking down a sideway i would prob double take lol. steve

400grl
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
It's alright - I know what you meant! :)

The GNCC stuff looks fun - you should do it if you can! Much less high speed, but a lot more technical - those trees and hills can get you! Very fun in it's own way!

k4f5x0r
04-28-2010, 05:55 PM
That was simply amazing! What i would give to drive one of those rhino's :p

madskrillz2
04-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
speaking of which, lol I watched the vid three times to get it to load all the way expecting some 20 yr old girl to be at the end on the podium, while i waited for the end of the vid after it finally got all loaded, i checked out your profile and saw you were 33 engaged and had 2 kids. a bit old for me to google at, at 21 lol. although if i was 33-35 you would be much better looking lol. steve

Too old? Dude you're crazy. I'm a cougar hunter :blah:

honda400ex2003
04-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2

never know it may be a blast, cant knock it till ya try it i guess the saying goes. lol :D steve

ATV Chic
04-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Corry you're so lucky that's awesome! I'd love to come out there and race those! Way to kick their butts too! lol :macho

Quad18star
04-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Glad to see you're still rockin' it out Corry. :) Keep up the good work.

And see what you did .... you got the boys all hounded up. :p

muddy400EX
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM

haha thats what i was thinking. im 20, and i think attractive older women are so hot for some reason,lol:p

Quad18star
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM

33 is considered a cougar???:confused:

That's more like a woman in her prime. To me a cougar is anything above 40.

Don't listen to these guys Corry ..... you don't look a day over 24. :devil: Oh and who was yelling "I want to marry you" ?? lol

muddy400EX
04-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Don't listen to these guys Corry ..... you don't look a day over 24. :devil: Oh and who was yelling "I want to marry you" ?? lol

haha i heard that 2. i bet she hears that atleast 5 times every time she races

madskrillz2
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM

I just call hot older women cougars in general lol. MILF is so over used

muddy400EX
04-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I just call hot older women cougars in general lol. MILF is so over used

milf is overused, but to be a cougar she would first have to go for younger guys

Kickstarts-suck
04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
.... anyways..

Great video! Looks like a ton of fun. I want to drive one!
:macho

madskrillz2
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
milf is overused, but to be a cougar she would first have to go for younger guys

I never said SHE was.

400grl
04-28-2010, 10:57 PM
You guys are too funny!! :)

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Give the women a break guys... Sheesh lol

I am sure she just wanted to hear positive criticism on the video itself, not the way she looks lol.

On a side note that video was really awesome. Tell your buddy it is well put together and plus the HD is a great touch for the feel of the movie and sport. I want to see more in the future. Those things look like a blast to race or just ride in general. Great job driving that haha. It looks difficult in its own way to jump and go through the whoops :eek2:

Thanks for sharing the video :)

ZBlaster
04-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Oh and who was yelling "I want to marry you" ?? lol

That was me. :p

motofreak2772
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I read the posts while the video was loading and to be honest I got dissapointed. I too thought you were going to be a hot 20 year old chick, but then read posts about cougars and you being older. I was like man it is going to be some old lady and everyone is just being nice. Then I watched the video... and I was like wow she is super hot(no offense). You are very beautiful and I wouldnt have even guessed that you were in your 30s let alone have kids haha. Im just glad you are not my mom lmao.
As for the riding that was awesome. Those things look fun. I always wondered if it hurt your back though. You need to take that thing out on the mx track :)

slightlybent47
04-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Boy what a bunch of horn dogs!!!
Yeah she is cute but I like the fact that she is very smart and have some common since. I can tell by the way you described you’re technique of throttle control to make your buggy do what you want it to, that tells me that you know what you are doing. With a good head on your shoulders you will do very well and I wish you luck with your racing.
We have a utv class in our org. and it’s always fun to watch them race. I’d love to give it a try, it looks like a blast. But I can only have one toy at a time so I’ll stay on the quad for now.
If you’re ever in TX look up the southern off road racing promotions and come run with us, we would love to watch you run.

Good luck Corry and take care.

bomberman
04-29-2010, 02:16 PM
whats the song btw?

400grl
04-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I have heard of some UTV racing going on in TX!! We have a lot of customers from Texas - actually, someone is building an SR1 out there right now! Maybe you will see it on the track!

My Rhino kicks ***** on a MX track - but with all of the added HP and wheel spin now, it shines on the short course tracks that the big 800+hp trucks race on.....I'm only in third gear on the fastest parts of that video.....that's over 70mph.....and I have 6 gears! :eek2:

Being one of the only female short course racers in the Lucas Oil Series has it's perks, but honestly, I put the fact that I'm a girl behind me as soon as I get behind the wheel -and I'd like to think the guys I'm racing against do, too.....we are all equal competitors out there, and I never make it a point to bring up the fact that I'm a chick if it isn't brought up by anyone else.

My goal is to get into a truck next season....if I can win the championship this year in the SR1 class, I think it's a good possibility! :)

400grl
04-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by bomberman
whats the song btw?

I have it on my Ipod....I'll find out for you! It's a great song!!!

motofreak2772
04-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Anberlin-Paperthin Hymn
They are from Winter Haven, FL too.

400grl
04-29-2010, 05:37 PM
YES!!! Love that song!

matt14c
04-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Where abouts do you find those things used? I actually know someone who is parting an 06 r1 right now. Those things look wicked. You have any dune videos?

400grl
04-29-2010, 08:22 PM
There are a few chassis for sale right now.....you just have to swap out the motors. Mostly on the West Coast...since that's where all of our racing is done. PM me, and I can give you some links if you are serious.....

Lots of duning vids.....search on YouTube for Weller Racing or Corry Weller and you should be able to find some....

TheIceMan
04-30-2010, 08:58 AM
That looks like a blast!!
I'd like to drive one set up for TT/oval :devil:
Nice job!
*thumbs up*

candidate zero
04-30-2010, 12:28 PM
cool video! looks like you're doing really well in your class. do you have any pictures of your rhino without body work?