PDA

View Full Version : ATVA MX TV coverage

EthansDad
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Has everyone seen this? pretty cool footage for this reality TV crew following a couple teams around.

http://vimeo.com/11235667

04-27-2010, 09:12 PM
WOW whos the screamer at the kid?

d1g888
04-27-2010, 10:05 PM
thats me and i'm just letting him no that he has a big lead not to do anything stupid (he has done several times and wreck all by his self) and slow down and run 80%

Stan Digby
ITP Factory Support

Logan #34's Dad
04-28-2010, 04:45 AM
I can't wait! I just hope my cable company carries it.

Love the passion Stan.

04-28-2010, 07:02 AM
I cant wait to see it. Thats a good Idea. Good luck with the tv show

edwardsp&b
04-28-2010, 07:08 AM
That'll get your blood flowing early in the morning! I cant wait for it to come out.
I love the part with Wimmer getting yelled at! "No one beats us, Chad Wienen doesnt beat us, Natalie doesnt beat us, Creamer cant beat us, no one can!" Should be good for our sport!
bryan

hasbeenttduner
04-28-2010, 08:12 AM
It doesn't look like any of the chan listed are avail on our comcast cable here on the west cost.:mad:
Looks like they are going to do a great job.

Ride1Rob
04-28-2010, 08:59 AM
I'll tell ya what gets my blood boiling.... To turn on ESPN and see snowmobile racing, Indoor ATV ice racing, Mud bogs (Not the big nice trucks... but the cheap ones that look like they were put together at the junk yards), and a few other programs. Seems that as many ATV's are being sold and raced there would be more race coverage :ermm: . Looks like the program is gonna be nice but I'd like to see more coverage of MX Quad racing.

EthansDad
04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Cheeseman, you are now famous for a chat room commit!

http://www.atvyoungguns.com/ATV_Racing_Newsletter_04-28-10.html

I do agree with the article, the producers look (its only a teaser now) like they are doing a kick @ss job. I wish we could find a combined way to lean on the cable/sat folks to get this to the masses. I like many others, are not going to be able to watch this show on my provider.

Maybe we should get a sign sheet or petition together from the crew here to go shove in comcast/dish/directv's face. otherwise, its more snowmobile racing on ESPN 8, (the ocho!) for us.

-EA

EthansDad
04-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Also, after watching wimmers training session, we are now looking for a boat anchor sponsor so I can tie it to my kid as he runs around the yard. if anyone know of any boat anchor companies looking to get in to racing, fire me a PM......:macho

raidernut
04-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by EthansDad
Cheeseman, you are now famous for a chat room commit!

http://www.atvyoungguns.com/ATV_Racing_Newsletter_04-28-10.html

I do agree with the article, the producers look (its only a teaser now) like they are doing a kick @ss job. I wish we could find a combined way to lean on the cable/sat folks to get this to the masses. I like many others, are not going to be able to watch this show on my provider.

Maybe we should get a sign sheet or petition together from the crew here to go shove in comcast/dish/directv's face. otherwise, its more snowmobile racing on ESPN 8, (the ocho!) for us.

-EA

It will be aired on Directtv

04-28-2010, 07:30 PM
This is a show. I in know why was meaning bad. Im not back petaling or such. I myself cant wait to see the show. Im glad someone made a show of such talent not being showed. Now the world can see what they been missing ATV'S.

EthansDad
04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
cheeseman, I wouldn't worry about it. you called what you saw, I doubt stan takes offence to it.

What I find interesting is that the media is reading our forums! I wish that someone smarter than us (hint hint media guys) could direct the group where to lobby/petition to get this show more main stream media coverage. is it comcast? espn? what? I sure if we knew the game a bit better we could get a good list of names of folks on this forum that would sign up to get this show more attention at the right media providers.

-EA

Ride1Rob
04-28-2010, 08:35 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with what Cheeseman said. What we as race parents have to remember is that scene's such as that can give a negative outlook on the sport as well :ermm: . I'm not saying that dad did anything wrong but what looks like simple coaching to one can be thought of as something completely opposite to another.

EthansDad
04-28-2010, 08:51 PM
yea, that is not my coaching style with my kid either, BUT...

sport is passion. I seem to recall a bunch of news articles about local little league baseball dads punching out the umpires for bad calls. come on now. this is the top level of our sport, this ain't no t-ball (t. Harness) and frankly cost a lot of money for family/sponsor to be there and a lot of commitment from the rider to stand up to the competition.

I think a little over the top passion is in line. are they doing a reality TV show about a little league baseball kid travelling 1 state over to play? no. I think the attraction to racing, even youth racing is that the passion is over the top (sometimes) and that makes good entertainment for the folks around it.

Heck, Stan's kid was on the track while we where on the line waiting. I got a kick out of him marching up and down the starting line watching his kid and really getting into the race.

heathmxracing
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Stan's really passionate about the sport and full on emotions both on and off the track. What some may see as a father yelling at his kid others may see a father coaching his son the be the best that he can be. My son and Stan's are the same age and have been racing head to head for what seams like several years now... There won't be any "acting" but what there will be is some of the best mini quad racing, from gate drop to checkered flag, that you will probably ever see.

Good luck Jordan and Stan. See you in VA...

Logan #34's Dad
04-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Maybe just maybe if we all start sending emails to Speed Channel they may take notice. Incuding all the other divisions of the forum.
Could the owner of this site put up a link on all the sections of the site for us to click on and send an email to Speed requesting they cover our sport?
As many members that are on this site - they would take notice! Get everyone from this site involved and Speed may realise that people want to see atv racing. I'm so tired of seeing Monster Jam over and over. Maybe the "on the edge" production could cover it. That would bring the big companies (Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM, Can-Am, Yamaha) back. IMO

Ride1Rob
04-29-2010, 07:30 AM
I completely agree with you 110% LoganDad. I was just thinking last night this is probably why there's not much factory support in the atv ranks. ATV racing is not shown to the masses on tv and there's virtually no exposure. Monster Jam get it's share of coverage on Speed but Nascar has them in their pockets. I'm sure with the market as big as it is for Nascar that's the main reason. They interupted the last Lites race to do a 5min report on Nascar lol. If we can get some type of link like you said we can also get other atv sites to take notice to the link as well. I'd think the response would be amazing. Good idea :) .

LT80
04-29-2010, 08:19 AM
"if anyone know of any boat anchor companies looking to get in to racing"
Send a resume to Yamaha.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:devil: :devil:

I love Stan but I do think he gets a lil radical with the kid at times.
I'm not throwing any stones tho.
Been there, done that, regreted it. :(