PDA

View Full Version : Zerk Fitting Install?

jcquads
04-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Has anyone ever installed a zerk fitting in the rear swingarm bearing carrier and swingarm pivot bolt?If so what did you do and use (zerk fitting length)?
Thanks

BuB400
04-27-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't think it would do anything in the carrier with stock bearings, because they are sealed. As for the pivot bolt,I put a jack under the quad to just take the pressure off and I can slide the bolt right out without removing anything. Shoot some grease in and re-install the bolt.

honda01400ex
04-27-2010, 07:54 PM
yea one of the guys did it on his 400ex and it worked just search it...as for me i pull the bolt out every 3 rides and re-grease it with bellray water proof grease and im good to go!

riotact
04-28-2010, 07:51 AM
There is a thread in the how to section that shows you how to do it and what you need.

daigs85
04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
put a grease fitting in my swing arm bolt and also my carrieer-makes servicing a ton easiers

supraloud84
05-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by daigs85
put a grease fitting in my swing arm bolt and also my carrieer-makes servicing a ton easiers

No you didnt. You dont eeven have a 400ex. I thought that was a trx90! JK

He is right it makes life alot easier to grab the grease gun and pump a bit of grease into the pivot bolt rather than take the chance of going through the process of trying to extract that bolt if and when i decides to seize in there.

clemsonteg
05-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by BuB400
I don't think it would do anything in the carrier with stock bearings, because they are sealed. As for the pivot bolt,I put a jack under the quad to just take the pressure off and I can slide the bolt right out without removing anything. Shoot some grease in and re-install the bolt.

So you just jack it up and let the swingarm hang?