PDA

View Full Version : swinger powder coated!

sand45
04-27-2010, 04:32 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/sand45_2006/fab-chassiinc035.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/sand45_2006/fab-chassiinc037.jpg

Aluminum......axel is next 2.5lbs lighter than stock:p

Ride1Rob
04-28-2010, 12:21 AM
You may want to reconsider an aluminum axle for MX. 2.5 pounds of weight saving means nothing if it's gonna snap after a nice landing.

greenmachine70
04-28-2010, 06:53 AM
it appears that the new swinger is getting away from the pitbike style swinger of the past????
I have to think that lower shock mount needs some reinforcement, but that is just my .02 as our stock swinger was similiar to that and it broke off on a big cased jump.
You can never have too many gussets.
Also are you saying that swinger is aluminum?
Maybe great for sand drags or flat track, but I have to think on a hard pack MX track with a kid who goes big on the jumps, there may be problems

sand45
04-28-2010, 07:52 AM
The swingarm is not aluminum its chromoly. I think the rear shock mount will be fine .....this tube is the same size and thickness as they use in full size quads as is the rear bottom shock mount.

rob i think the aluminum axel will work good ......ive had one on my yfz450...they are alot stronger than people think. Nobody makes a stronger aluminum axel than Jj&a. Next month ill get it done along with arms with some 16" shocks up front...i think its going to be perfect.

By the way Jam is ripping it up BIG TIME!!! We need more vids...of him my son like the videos of him racing.

04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Very nice looking swing arm. Glad to see you get rid of the old style swinger. That makes it look much better. VERY NICE JOB!!!

Ride1Rob
04-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by sand45
The swingarm is not aluminum its chromoly. I think the rear shock mount will be fine .....this tube is the same size and thickness as they use in full size quads as is the rear bottom shock mount.

rob i think the aluminum axel will work good ......ive had one on my yfz450...they are alot stronger than people think. Nobody makes a stronger aluminum axel than Jj&a. Next month ill get it done along with arms with some 16" shocks up front...i think its going to be perfect.

By the way Jam is ripping it up BIG TIME!!! We need more vids...of him my son like the videos of him racing.

Thanx for the compliment Sand... ;) But on the axle,,,, I'd ask you if you're MXing on your YFZ with that aluminum axle and if so how aggressive are you at jumping. I too have a YFZ and have bent 2 stock axles, and broke two aluminum swingers. With that being said Jam is jumping farther now than I was when I broke those parts. As long as I was trail riding and TTing I never had that issue. As soon as I started getting more aggressive in MX I started breaking stuff. Aggressive jumping on an aluminum axle may be asking for trouble but that's just my opinion. Maybe the thickness of it will help with the Typhoon setup being as big as it is but to me to only lose 2.5 pounds of weight it may not be worth the risk of the consequences if it lets go. Just my .02 ;)

sand45
04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
ya i see your point...... we will see...maybe some testing on one to see what happens.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the swinger..... Tgcheeseman

Ride1Rob
04-28-2010, 05:55 PM
That is a kick*** swinger ;) . I like how the graphics look. When will everything be done? I was talking to him about taking your seat to Cascade Innovations so they get do an outline on seat covers as well. Next time you talk to Lew run that by him. Here's some of their work. http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/newlook/Auto_photo.cfm?catid=45

sand45
04-28-2010, 08:06 PM
cascade has lots of goods ....very popular around here.
ill talk to him about that for sure ! They should have no problem making some cool seat cover. Are you going with rectangle tube on your swinger?

Im just waiting for the rear shock to show up...and its done till next month.

:D

Ride1Rob
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah, we're going with the rectangular tube swinger . He said he'd drop the seat off last week so they could get the measurements and such.

leager-n-ky
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Swingarm looks great, im scared to see what the axle is going to do. Rob the lady that made my seat cover is very reasonable, if you want her info?

Ride1Rob
04-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Dennis, check your pm's.