PDA

View Full Version : In search of valves

QuadJunkies
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Just curious if anyones running aftermarket valves and who all is producing them ?
I might like to call and talk about the pros and cons over stock.
Thanks

quadracer707
04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Tina,

Call Al at Advanced Machining Services, Him & my son Wade just built the top end of my youngest son Colton's raptor, & man does it rip. They are good. You also can check out his website at www.advmachining.com. Now This is Eastern time. You might get Al's answer machine as it is just the 2 of them, but he does call back & tell him Ken told you 570-339-5898

Ken

quadracer707
04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Tina,

Call Al at Advanced Machining Services, Him & my son Wade just built the top end of my youngest son Colton's raptor, & man does it rip. They are good. You also can check out his website at www.advmachining.com. Now This is Eastern time. You might get Al's answer machine as it is just the 2 of them, but he does call back & tell him Ken told you 570-339-5898

Ken

mxslevnik69
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
rage put bigger valves in my raptor last year. Call them and ask to talk to Dee www.rageatvracing.com

quadracer707
04-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Talked to Wade on the valve part they put in kibbblewhite valves. In addition to the head porting & +2 piston, OMG does this thing rip. Finally got a chance to take it out today, WOWWWWW!!!

Ken

quadracer707
04-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Just curious if anyones running aftermarket valves and who all is producing them ?
I might like to call and talk about the pros and cons over stock.
Thanks

Tina,

Just found out from Wade they replaced stock valves & springs with kibblewhite, rode it last night & really worked nice,

Ken

QuadJunkies
04-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the info !
We already have a bigger piston (13.1 or 5 cant remember right off) and didnt know if anything additional would need to be done to the head (already had head work too I believe) to have the valves added.

quadracer707
04-29-2010, 02:13 PM
We went +2 on piston medium compression, ported the head, (basicily cleaned it up nice) & put in after market valves. Next thing to do would be to stroke it, but there is plenty of power there now to be competitive, learn to ride properly, & keep engine reliable. Only thing is it runs on race fuel, ERRRRR!!!

Ken

sno-x139
04-29-2010, 08:06 PM
RAGE!!!!!!!!! www.rageatvracing.com

QuadJunkies
05-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by quadracer707
We went +2 on piston medium compression, ported the head, (basicily cleaned it up nice) & put in after market valves. Next thing to do would be to stroke it, but there is plenty of power there now to be competitive, learn to ride properly, & keep engine reliable. Only thing is it runs on race fuel, ERRRRR!!!

Ken

We already have to run race gas with the 13. 5 piston .
OH SNAP! :p

We dont have any plans on stroking but who knows! LOL
Reliability is so important with this offroad racing stuff too. The suspension should big a huge help to making him faster. One thing that cracks me up is he yanks up on the bars coming out of the corners.. hes craving a little more in areas, might have to look into a few minor changes .
This is about all he will get until he moves to a 450 I think .;)
Such a great machine to learn on until these kids are ready :)

Might give Dee a call next week and pick his brain .

QuadJunkies
05-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by sno-x139
RAGE!!!!!!!!! www.rageatvracing.com

LOL
We actually got the skinny from Dee today... looks like we only need to get springs,no valves and were good for our application . ;)