PDA

View Full Version : sportsman 90 scrambler 90 help

bulldog222
04-27-2010, 09:30 AM
okay here we go i have a sportsman and scrambler 90 doing the same thing hold hand over carb they run fine put air cleaners on anything past idle and they die i have chased jetting all round never makes any difference cleaned everything out several times these are the carbs with auto choke on them im leaning toward crank seals i did take the pipe off of the scrambler and fire it up and ran fine so i thought it was a pipe issue but not sure since the sportsman does the same thing

raptorobbie
04-28-2010, 09:27 AM
i'll assume these bikes are pretty much stock. If you have a clean stock carb on there w/ the air filter in place, try adjusting the air screw and see if it makes a difference. From my experience - if the engine does not respond you have an issue somewhere else. Start w/ a compression check, could be anything from bad reeds to bad crank seals to needing a new top end. Let us know what you find.

bulldog222
04-29-2010, 02:21 PM
okay messed with the sportsman today took out the reed cage had old gas residue on them cleaned them up put it all back together fired up and let run at idle for along time adjusted air fuel mix alittle more jumped on it ran fine i dont know what i did for sure but id said the slime on the reeds didnt help matters as for the scrambler its getting a pipe carb and new reed cage someday my boy wants to run some gp's around here and i just cant afford a drr