PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Trails close to Bowling Green Ky.

DirtWork
04-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi all,
This Forum Rocks!!
I have to make a trip to Bowling Green and was hoping to find some trails near there. Thank you :)

smr
04-27-2010, 11:55 AM
b & J's is the only place I know of real close.

it's own Barren river road just outside of town.

Royal ATV is a little bigger it's about an hour north near Clarkston.

hope this helps....I got some buddy's that live near you, we ride at turkey bay all the time.

DirtWork
04-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the input...havent heard of turkey bay ..what county is it in?

smr
04-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DirtWork
Thanks for the input...havent heard of turkey bay ..what county is it in?

maybe midway isn't were I thought it was. Turkey bay is in land between the lakes. It's actually in trigg county but on kentucky lake. I thought midway was just outside Murry. That's why I posted it that way.

You may want to check out this sight.

www.kentuckyriders.com.

DirtWork
04-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Funny you should say that .. was approached by fellow riders last weekend at mtn parkway offroad park who thought the same thing...i'm in midway near frankfort.
Land between the lakes..ok ive been to lake barkley before pretty country down there..
Can you fish the lakes from the off road park? if so i may need to renew fishing lic.
Thank you for your interest in my post i will definately be checking j and b out.

Ps.where can i find out about rides and events

smr
04-27-2010, 02:06 PM
that is funny.

Kentucky has to be one of the worse states on town names. I live near Fairview, Ky and there is two of them also. Funny thing about it is, they both have hwy 68 running through the middle of town.

Well, I wouldn't even bother with b & J if your coming that far. Go on down to turkey bay...it's way better.

Royal isn't bad either.

www.lbl.org

www.royalfarmsandatv.com

DirtWork
04-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Been looking into Turkey Bay....Looks Great, Thinking of camping there Memorial day weekend..Can you reccomend best place to stay and ride etc.
thanks, Dw

Ps Probably be crowded huh?

smr
04-30-2010, 08:32 AM
turkey bay will be very crowded that weekend. Not sure if we will be there or not. Rangers usually pratrol that place pretty good that weekend so keep the adult beverages back at camp.

You can camp right at turkey bay but there is no showers or electric hook ups.

wranglers camp is about 5 miles away but they are most likely booked up.

colson holler is about 5 miles south...nice camp ground and they have showers.(no electric though)

what do you ride?

smr
04-30-2010, 08:32 AM
turkey bay will be very crowded that weekend. Not sure if we will be there or not. Rangers usually pratrol that place pretty good that weekend so keep the adult beverages back at camp.

You can camp right at turkey bay but there is no showers or electric hook ups.

wranglers camp is about 5 miles away but they are most likely booked up.

colson holler is about 5 miles south...nice camp ground and they have showers.(no electric though)

what do you ride?

DirtWork
05-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks for all the great info....I read some where its like 2500 acres sounds big. Is there only the one place where you can camp?
I ride an 07 suzuki vinson 500 4x4, and my son rides a yamaha ttr 125. I'm recently getting back into riding.. about a year an half now..after about 10 year layoff. I used to ride alot but time seems to fly by.. been raising 3 kids and TCB.. but my love of the open trail is back with a vengenance and hope to be spending serious time in the woods. :p

smr
05-03-2010, 05:40 AM
there is plenty of camp grounds around there but you will have to trailer your quads every day. If you camp at turkey bay you just pretty much setup anywhere and you don't have to load up everyday.

If we go that weekend most likely I'll be in a rzr. I will let you know closer to time.