PDA

View Full Version : No power?!

TYTE440
04-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Whats up guys? I have an 01 400 ex, i was riding it when it started cutting out and started giving me starting issues. I got home and found out why it was cutting oit on me (intake boot was torn) i replaced the intake boot and now i have no power. No headlights, no neutral light.... I put a new starter solenoid on and still nothing. Is my battery to dead to turn on lights but have enough juice to light up a test light? Any help is appreciated! Please!!!

Nick

hjsmith00843
04-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Anything will just about power a test light. To test a battery you need to load test it.

Charge the battery and try it again. Charge it with a low amp setting.

guenther
04-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Is your fuse blown? I'm sure you checked it but I'm just playing the part of Mr. Obvious. No offense intended.

hjsmith00843
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
since we are talking about the ovious reason's is the key in the on position.

When I first got my 400 a few weeks ago (first atv ever) I could not get it to start. No matter what I did to it. Come to find out I had to turn the switch on the handle bars to the on postition. I called the seller and everything. lol

Maybe you left the key on and it drained the battery that is why it will not start. Or it could be the fuse.

Maybe when you were fixing the air intake hose you may of shorted something out and popped the fuse. Hope youget it going soon.

TYTE440
04-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Got it! I put the battery on charge and cleaned my battery ground cable and where it is grounded to the subframe. Thanks guys! I really appreciate the fast replys!!! I guess i was just thinking too hard and didnt check all the obvious first... :cool:

Nick

hjsmith00843
04-26-2010, 11:16 PM
deet deee deee
Glad you got it fixed . Wish I had mine ready. I am about to go into DT's waiti9ng for parts to come in.

hjsmith00843
04-26-2010, 11:22 PM
deet deee deee
Glad you got it fixed . Wish I had mine ready. I am about to go into DT's waitig for parts to come in.

bkelley
04-26-2010, 11:50 PM
As redundant as it may seem, always check the basic stuff first. If anything, you'll waste a few minutes eliminating the factors. Better to do that than to spend two hours going into detail then realizing it was something simple. Or worse, buying unnecessary parts. One time we were on the trails and my friend couldn't get his utility to start for anything. It had been running fine the whole day then just wouldn't start all of the sudden. We were checking the battery, fuses, cables, et cetera. Even tried to pull start it but it just wouldn't go. Turned out it wasn't on run.

TYTE440
04-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by hjsmith00843
deet deee deee
Glad you got it fixed . Wish I had mine ready. I am about to go into DT's waiti9ng for parts to come in.

haha thanks! :D

TYTE440
04-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by bkelley
As redundant as it may seem, always check the basic stuff first. If anything, you'll waste a few minutes eliminating the factors. Better to do that than to spend two hours going into detail then realizing it was something simple. Or worse, buying unnecessary parts. One time we were on the trails and my friend couldn't get his utility to start for anything. It had been running fine the whole day then just wouldn't start all of the sudden. We were checking the battery, fuses, cables, et cetera. Even tried to pull start it but it just wouldn't go. Turned out it wasn't on run.

i agree, for some reason i always forget to start with the basics. Everything is working fine then... Nothing works! I freak out, and it ends up being a simple fix most of the time. Lol :cool: :D