PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carb

Minndave13
04-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Why does Edelbrock Customer service suck so bad? DO NOT repeat DO NOT get a Edelbrock Carb if you do not want your bike to be down for a month or longer! I got a used Edelbrock for trade for my stocker, great I'll order the cables, twist throttle, and head stay I'm set, So I thought. Nobody sells these parts but Edelbrock, wonder why? So after waiting on hold with Edelbrock for over a half hour I finally get someone and I order parts. Send me parts listed then send me some needles (Jets), used carb came with a 20e, base is 17e. No dice, needles are back ordered. Now waiting a week, called them back and wanted to order a 17e,18e, and a 19e. Well they have a 17e but no 18 or 19. Great- let me pay for the needles now (22.00 each) and ship them to me when they come in. No they can't get that trough their skulls. Todays mail had a invoice for a 17e needle for 27.16 (21.95+5.21 S+h) but no needle. Edelbrock- love your customer service NOT! So here I set with no quad, because I can't get parts for the damn thing, Hell I don't even know if the freakin carb works yet and I'm frustrated.:mad:

honda400ex2003
04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
the first issue is that you traded a carb for an edlebrock. there is a reason that someone would trade you a 200+ dollar carb for a stocker. anyway, check ebay for another used one and see if you can get the parts off of that. otherwise sounds like you are sol. keep waiting, you are at their mersy now. lol. steve

aDviSol2y
04-28-2010, 04:07 PM
OUCH! I've heard that those carbs are really difficult do get dialed in. I was thinking about gettting on at one point, but decided the work would outweigh the rewards. By the way, hows it going neighbor?

Minndave13
04-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Well a guy bought a z400 on craigs list (it was beat and needs alot of work) He needed some parts and we started talking. Later he posted a ad for the eddy, I called to check on the eddy when we discovered we knew each other. We worked out a deal( he was detuning the z for a 14year old girl) and he got my stock carb and top engine mount. I do trust the guy I got the eddy from and do believe him when he said the carb works, I just didn't realize it would be so hard to get parts from eddy. I just wish they would do something about their customer service. Thanks for letting me vent you all. PS aDviSol2y let's trade emails, I go to Jones Creek often. I also received two of the three needles today, at least I can get started working on the quad.:)