PDA

View Full Version : trade lifted truck for a polaris razr????

atveric132
04-26-2010, 04:39 PM
I have a 1998 GMC seirra 1500 Z71 4wd with the 5.7 vortec....9" lift with all kinds of stuff done to it looking to trade it for a polaris razr........

aDviSol2y
04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Pictures?

atveric132
04-27-2010, 06:07 PM

atveric132
04-27-2010, 06:08 PM

backwoodsracer
04-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by atveric132
Youve been trying to sell this for a while havent you?

04-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Nice truck but I think with the economy the way it is people are looking for more practical vehicles. You can't really tow anything with that or haul stuff in the bed without a ladder.

atveric132
04-27-2010, 07:02 PM
i beg to differ.....i tow my 16' enclosed trailer to the track with it all the time....pull the boat to the pier and everything with no probems....but its up to the person

CJM
04-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Towing with thats easy, just need a drop hitch.

Tommy Warren
04-27-2010, 07:42 PM
keep the truck its pretty nice....a Razr is a polaris...nuff said

TRX01
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
wanna trade for my 400ex hahahah jk

aDviSol2y
04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Nice truck, the Vortec motors are good motors too. But I don't think you are going to get someone to trade you for a Razr. Most people that have a Razr probably already have a truck to haul it with.

04-28-2010, 11:56 AM
i beg to differ.....i tow my 16' enclosed trailer to the track with it all the time....pull the boat to the pier and everything with no probems....but its up to the person

I meant MPG. People want something that will tow with decent mpg. That thing doesn't even get decent mpg on it's own. :p

atveric132
04-28-2010, 12:57 PM
like I said it's up to the person.....

honda400ex2003
04-28-2010, 04:22 PM
too bad it is not here, i would have it for sure, i have been waiting for years for a red silverado to come around that is lifted. I would trade you a 97 explorer for it depending on miles on the 5.7. The explorer only has 87,000 on it and is all stock. it would sell easier than the truck with the lift in it. steve

atveric132
04-28-2010, 06:21 PM
like i said looking for a polaris rzr...not an SUV

CJM
04-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-DunerUtah
I meant MPG. People want something that will tow with decent mpg. That thing doesn't even get decent mpg on it's own. :p

besides a diesel, no truck that tows gets good mpg.

honda400ex2003
04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
like i said looking for a polaris rzr...not an SUV

it was more of a joke than anything since I sure as heck would not come to maryland to get it and drive it back to wisconsin. I can find plenty of able bodied z71 silverados on the road and in my driveway already that has a lonely 89000 on it and only gets to have fun plowing our driveway in the winter or pulling the occasional atv loaded trailer when the suburban isnt pulling it. I just dont want to put money into a lift and tires for it. I would sell the explorer and buy one with a lift on it already like yours if i was going to do such a thing. I said if you were closer for 1 and 2 i knew that you would not take an SUV anyway. I have a sunfire i may be willing to part with too to sweeten the deal lol. I know you wanted a razr. good luck finding one with a 98 chevy maybe you will find someone willing to give up their toy for a 12 mile to the gallon pig. lol. good luck, you wont get what you have into the truck back out of it even if it is low miles. The tires look bald so either you have been doing alot of burnouts with the 4.56s you have in it or there are alot of miles on them. they arent overly aggressive for any type of decent mud tire, it looks like those are american racing rims from jegs or summit with the tire combo kit which is possible. those are a cheap route to go anyway. lol. unless it has always been kept off the roads in the winter over in maryland, it will most likely have some rust in the door jambs or has in the past and was cleaned up and sprayed silver like most fix ups then added the mirrors to it to help hide it from coming through again. I guess i could keep going but will quit for the sake of a great trade for a great clean truck. I wish i could take it off your hands for you! I have always wanted to set mine up just like yours. Hope it comes out good for you, make sure you post some pics of your rzr when you get them. make sure you get a red one. lol. steve

braybray08
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
it was more of a joke than anything since I sure as heck would not come to maryland to get it and drive it back to wisconsin. I can find plenty of able bodied z71 silverados on the road and in my driveway already that has a lonely 89000 on it and only gets to have fun plowing our driveway in the winter or pulling the occasional atv loaded trailer when the suburban isnt pulling it. I just dont want to put money into a lift and tires for it. I would sell the explorer and buy one with a lift on it already like yours if i was going to do such a thing. I said if you were closer for 1 and 2 i knew that you would not take an SUV anyway. I have a sunfire i may be willing to part with too to sweeten the deal lol. I know you wanted a razr. good luck finding one with a 98 chevy maybe you will find someone willing to give up their toy for a 12 mile to the gallon pig. lol. good luck, you wont get what you have into the truck back out of it even if it is low miles. The tires look bald so either you have been doing alot of burnouts with the 4.56s you have in it or there are alot of miles on them. they arent overly aggressive for any type of decent mud tire, it looks like those are american racing rims from jegs or summit with the tire combo kit which is possible. those are a cheap route to go anyway. lol. unless it has always been kept off the roads in the winter over in maryland, it will most likely have some rust in the door jambs or has in the past and was cleaned up and sprayed silver like most fix ups then added the mirrors to it to help hide it from coming through again. I guess i could keep going but will quit for the sake of a great trade for a great clean truck. I wish i could take it off your hands for you! I have always wanted to set mine up just like yours. Hope it comes out good for you, make sure you post some pics of your rzr when you get them. make sure you get a red one. lol. steve

Paragraph's learn them

krt400ex
04-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
keep the truck its pretty nice....a Razr is a polaris...nuff said

honda400ex2003
04-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by braybray08
Paragraph's learn them

it was all one topic why should there be a new paragraph. lol. I figured i would fit in with the crowd. at least there arent words spelled wrong. par·a·graph   /ˈpærəˌgræf, -ˌgrɑf/ Show Spelled[par-uh-graf, -grahf] Show IPA
–noun
1.a distinct portion of written or printed matter dealing with a particular idea, usually beginning with an indentation on a new line.

I believe that is written or printed dealing with a particular idea so I am well within the boundaries or one "paragraph"

We still dont know what is all on the truck to make it worth a pile of bolts. it has a 5.7 vortec with a 9" lift and all kinds of "stuff" done to it. lol. you gotta give some specs of some sort to even give someone considering a trade a reason to persue the vehicle.

Mileage:
lift brand:
wheels and tires:
gears and brand:
any current problems:(i.e. head gasket leaks, O2 sensors replaced, check engine light on)

I know those are all things i would def be interested in if trading something for finding out what a truck is worth to me. 98 silverados are getting to be worth less and less, gotta make it sound the best you can. For all you know I may have a rzr that i am willing to trade you but until I know some sort of basis to judge a 10000 truck from a 5000 truck there is no deal anyway.
Well I am done with the thread and unsubcribing now. Good luck with the truck and rzr trade. Just figured I would help you out and ruffle some feathers for you since this is the open discussion forum and this is a wanted post.
(http://img186.imageshack.us/i/img9931o.jpg/)

(http://img38.imageshack.us/i/img9930z.jpg/)

steve

Brad77
04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
wow kinda feel bad for the guy that posted this thread. He simply wanted to know if anyone would be interested in trading a razr for his truck. Instead he gets his trucked slammed :huh

aDviSol2y
04-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Brad77
wow kinda feel bad for the guy that posted this thread. He simply wanted to know if anyone would be interested in trading a razr for his truck. Instead he gets his trucked slammed :huh

X2

honda400ex2003
04-29-2010, 01:48 PM
bump for a great truck! hook a bro up. maybe he will make it like that kicking machine that corry is driving, then it would be really sick. steve

bert400
04-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by backwoodsracer
Youve been trying to sell this for a while havent you?

X2 it has been for sale for a long time..good luck with sale man..or actually good luck with trade ha

backwoodsracer
05-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003

after steve here pointed it out, N/O but it does look some what beanerized, take that **** off the back side glass, get sto ck tail lights and grill, remeber on beaners buy are gonna want it with that stuff, but anyone will want it if those things are stock.

300ex_#387
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=436851

05-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by backwoodsracer
after steve here pointed it out, N/O but it does look some what beanerized, take that **** off the back side glass, get sto ck tail lights and grill, remeber on beaners buy are gonna want it with that stuff, but anyone will want it if those things are stock.

:huh

Tommy Warren
05-03-2010, 10:06 PM
was that engrish?

muddy400EX
05-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-DunerUtah
Nice truck but I think with the economy the way it is people are looking for more practical vehicles. You can't really tow anything with that or haul stuff in the bed without a ladder.

agree,it is very hard to sell a car right now. ive been trying to sell my LT1 and everyone wants it, but noone has cash. ive had tons of trade offers tho, cuz noone can sell their cars either,lol. i was askin 6K for it originally, and a guy with a nice lifted '02 blazer who was also askin 6, wanted to trade me the blazer and $1000 cash, that would put my car at $7000:eek2:

atveric132
05-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=436851

You looking to trade or you just trying to sell?

ridered11
05-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Thats not his thread, he was just posting it to help you out.