PDA

View Full Version : xr400 6 speed

11-27-2001, 02:51 PM
Anyone ever tried it? If so what kind of job is it? What parts do you need?Just inquiring?

Wheelie
11-27-2001, 05:33 PM
XR400 6-Speed conversion??:huh

BTW--I assume you own an 89 Mustang by your logon name---correct??

11-27-2001, 08:38 PM
i also see your name and am curious ... do you own a stang.. i do it is an 89 gt with light mods underdrive and such but it isn't a cobra..grrrr .. anyhow they are nice cars just thought i'd let you know there is a fellow stanger among the ranks...lol

Wheelie
11-27-2001, 09:31 PM
Mustang Works (http://www.mustangworks.com)--The best Mustang site on the net!!

I own an 86 GT w/a HO 5.0EFI, 5spd, a/c, Power Chip, Flowmaster H-Pipe w/Cats. Only 130k Original miles!!

That's makes two fellow stangers among these ranks. :D :D

11-27-2001, 10:47 PM
yes ive got an 89 gt with cobra body kit its got ported gt 40 heads, f cam, ported victor 50 intake,125 shot of squeeze runs 10.90 ive lost interest in the stang till spring just want to ride red in the winter

11-28-2001, 02:43 PM
Well, I have a modded 97 Camaro SS, who wants to race?

11-28-2001, 09:14 PM
there were 2 ss at the drags lat time i went..( ci can't drive yet but wnet with my cuz in his stang) but there was a sharp ***** yellow one there and he pulled out rom the ligh and smoked 1 tire like 1/4 track and still snagged a high 12

then there was a stock black one there my cuzin smoked in his 85gt stang with a worked 289..but they are nice cars...for bow tie's..lol just kiddin man

ohh i'll try to race you prolly loose but i'll give her a try

11-29-2001, 05:45 PM
Ok boys I've heard you bragin and puting down Chevys now I don't want to Pi$$ anyone off but I've got a 1963 Corvette in the works and it's trick.:devil

11-29-2001, 07:19 PM
Uhh...the picture really doesn't look real, but an SS is really too much for it anyway.

11-29-2001, 07:37 PM
First how could I prove to you it's real and second how much hp does a SS have I don't think it 612 to the back 2 foot wide wheels. Is it?:D

11-29-2001, 09:11 PM
Well, mine has close to 450, but it has had a lot done to it. I would feel pretty confident about racing a Vette though, none of them have been able to touch me yet:) . Especially if there is a turn involved against your beast! I mean, mine is an everyday driver. Nice looking Vette though.

Guy400
11-30-2001, 06:17 AM
Freeride, as a big Bowtie person and former owner of 3 Camaro's I'm interested in what mods you have on your car. I loved my LT1 but my next will definitely be the LS1.

11-30-2001, 09:14 AM
Well, actually, my car has the LT1, with ram-air conversion from a Firebird, I think, with the hottest chip available, some other engine things I cannot describe, beefed up everything, along with a heavy-duty drag racing rear end, plus a 3000 stall transmission. I have never been a big Chevy person, actually the SECOND fastest car in my family is a 71 Mustang that belongs to my father, with a 351 Cleveland. I bought this car about 6 weeks ago, and I can't really tell you a lot more than this. This car was built from a Z28 (like all the SS's) but was not an official SS. It was converted by Chevy mechanic after purchase, not by SLP Engineering or whoever it was that usually did it. It's a lot of fun to drive, and until you get to about 60mph you shouldn't push the pedal to the floor, unless you are somewhere that you don't mind getting a little loose! If you're going around a curve, REALLY don't step on it too hard, because I have had it get a little wiggly on me at some outrageous speeds. Sorry I can't tell you more, I will try to get a picture up, although it is REALLY dirty, because of the weather here.:devil

Guy400
11-30-2001, 09:21 AM
The Ram Air from the Firebird comes in from snorkels right on the front of the hood and it's a straight shot into the plenum. The Z28's Ram Air came in the snorkel that's in the center of the hood and then circles around and comes in the plenum. That should tell you what type of ram air set up it is. What type of rear end is in the car? I know you said it's a deavy duty drag rear end but do you know who made it? You also said it's got some engine stuff that you can't describe. You don't know or you're not telling me?:D

11-30-2001, 09:32 AM
I really don't know the extent of the mods, I would tell you if I knew. The fellow I bought it from had taken it to some street drags and did well, he claimed around 450 hp. My dad said that the rear end is a Chevy PosiTraction rear end with some beefing up. The picture is coming.