PDA

View Full Version : Anybody located around Chattanooga,TN?

rablack21
04-26-2010, 02:59 PM
I am looking for some places and people to go riding with. Was just wondering if anyone lived in the area.

JM317
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
What about Aetna Mtn.?

rablack21
04-26-2010, 07:14 PM
What about it? I am aware of the area, but don't know where to ride up there. I don't know the trails or the area.

JM317
04-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Take I-75 North across the GA/TN state line and proceed to the I-75/I-24 split. Take I-24 West towards Nashville. Once you wind around the river on your right, you will get off at Browns Ferry Rd. Turn left and travel past the McDonalds and gas station on your left. You will go about a mile and come to a traffic light. At the light, you will stay straight, which will put you onto Wauhatchie Pike. You will go about a mile and turn right onto Cummings Rd. Follow Cummings Rd. about 3/10 mile past the I-24 bridge and you will turn left into a neighborhood. You will follow that drive up and around a small "round about" and come to the top of the hill and turn left onto the gravel road. About 500 yds up is where most people unload and it is obvious when you get there. As far as the trails, there is usually so many people up there that it's hard to get lost and alot of the trails are wide enough to drive Jeeps and 4x4's on, especially the big pit areas. I haven't been up there in about a year but hope to make it up there sometime soon. I live a little over an hour South in AL, just above Gadsden.

rablack21
04-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Cool, thanks for the directions. Whenever you're ready to go riding, pm me and we will go.

JM317
04-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Sounds good, let me ask everyone up my way if they're ready for a ride and we'll plan something soon.