PDA

View Full Version : Tuckermans Ravine

jesseweaver
04-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Has anyone from the Northeast ever ski or snowboarded there? The snows been gone for about 2 months here and im already missing snowboarding lol i was thinking about maybe seeing if i could get some friends to go up there for the weekend. What's the place like? And is it worth all the hiking?

dns1764
04-26-2010, 03:24 PM
i've been wanting to for a long time. from what i hear it is worth it, but to do in in late jan to early feb.

KXRida
04-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Jesse, you ever go down to virginia or wherever you were going this winter? We never made it on our trip as well. If everything works out I wanna do timberline and snowshoe next year. I did make it to seven springs once this year. I love that place.

jesseweaver
04-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Jesse, you ever go down to virginia or wherever you were going this winter? We never made it on our trip as well. If everything works out I wanna do timberline and snowshoe next year. I did make it to seven springs once this year. I love that place.

i've heard a lot of good about seven springs im hoping to make it out there next season. and i didn't get down to virginia but i did rent a place in maine with 8 friends in january. haha crazy week, that was a lot of fun. we're hopefully going on a big trip next year before everyones too old lol we're looking at most likely somewhere in the canadian rockies.

KXRida
04-26-2010, 10:56 PM
For being in Pa, seven springs is by far the best place I've been to "locally." Blue know is like 25 minutes from me. It's ok, but nothing too exciting. I always have trouble with their lifts too. Ended up about blowing my knee out up there. They're like solid ice instead of snow and I didn't have a stomp pad on my old board.

aDviSol2y
04-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Snow was really crappy here in Oregon untill about a month ago. We got dumped on at Mt. Hood. Up at the snowboard park on the glacier, you can board all year round. Lots of pro's practice there. They even have a school that you can go to instead of regular school. Snowboarding is built into your curiculum.