PDA

View Full Version : Should I do these on the assembly

hjsmith00843
04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Ok to get more compression I was told to do this.

Just use high temp RTV on the bottom of the cylinder.

Take the head gasket and just use the top layer by drilling out the rivit and taking it apart. I was also told to use a high temp spraypaint on the head gasket itself using a very thin coat to help seal it.

This is along with the items I have listed below.

Will I be ok to use 93 octane gas or should I use a mixture of racing fuel and the 93. like a 60% 93 octane and a 40% 110 racing fuel.

Or should the ratios be more even to make it more consistant because it will be easier to measure out.

honda400ex2003
04-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I would much rather see you run the xr gaskets instead of using rtv. The xr ones are thinner so you will be doing the same thing just not quite to the extent of rtv. the machine will actually have the "true" 11:1 with the xr gaskets. It is slightly lower with the ex gaskets. JE i think is a true reading but the rest are the same as the xr piston and such so they just used those numbers with the xr gaskets. steve

honda400ex2003
04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
oh and with the 11:1 and a sparks key it is suggested to run about 105 octane to help with predetonation. so you could mix 110 and 93 to achieve this if you want or you can get straight 105 that would work good as well and you would be safe for sure. steve