PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Needle - Jets R Us Number

clemsonteg
04-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Does anyone happen to have the number to Jets R Us? I need an adjustable needle for the wifes 07 400ex. I spoke to 2 different people at dynojet and both told me that they do not sell the needle separately so unless someone has a contact I can speak to directly there its a no go. I called honda and they want $46 for an adjustable needle from a pre-05 400ex. Does anyone know if any of the rebuild kits from Jets R Us come with a new adjustable needle or even the kits on ebay? I want to order it today so I can have it before the weekend and get hers running just right.

bkelley
04-26-2010, 12:38 PM
It's not a good idea to mix carb components. The Dynojet needles and stock needles actuate differently. Either stick with Dynojet or go back to Keihin. And if you go back to Keihin, make sure it's genuine stuff. I've been told that the generic stuff is made out of crappy materials and corrodes.

The number for Jets R Us is 1-888-221-1161

clemsonteg
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the info, that number is paypal customer service. I called one of the guys on ebay and they say it comes with a needle, I just hate to get one off ebay, but their prices are higher than Jet's R Us although that doesnt really signify a higher quality product

bkelley
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Ha, well, I guess that won't work. I would just email mike@jetsrus.com and ask for the number.

clemsonteg
04-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah I emailed him today and asked the question directly, I just wanted a bit quicker response, last time it took about a week to get a reply by email and I want to order it today so I have it before the weekend. I thought for sure I could order one from dynojet and those guys were kind of d*cks about it. I am talking to RMAtv now to see if their kit has the needle and if so can they add it to my current order I placed this morning.

clemsonteg
04-26-2010, 12:54 PM
According to RMAtv the k&l kit they carry does have the needle in it so I had them add it to the order I placed this morning. Done and done, thanks for the help anyways.

bkelley
04-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I've never been a Dynojet fan. And they're local to me haha.

honda400ex2003
04-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
Yeah, I've never been a Dynojet fan. And they're local to me haha.

i dont like them anymore either after screwing with my 450 carb for so long trying to get it close and having no luck. steve

dalejiw25
04-27-2010, 04:50 AM
Buy a carb rebuild kit from your honda dealer for a '99 400 ex. It will come with an adjustable needle. Problem solved $20.00. or shoot me an address and I'll mail you one for free.

clemsonteg
04-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by dalejiw25
Buy a carb rebuild kit from your honda dealer for a '99 400 ex. It will come with an adjustable needle. Problem solved $20.00. or shoot me an address and I'll mail you one for free.

Thanks for the offer, I was able to order a carb kit from RMAtv for $20 yesterday that has an adjustable needle.