PDA

View Full Version : LT front setup but stock rear?

J.J.
04-25-2010, 10:22 PM
if i upgrade to a long travel front setup, but dont have the money right off the bat to get a long travel rear end, will it ride right or should i just wait to do it all at once?

jkiserracing
04-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Thats how mine is right now. I will say though I am running the GTT linkage and the rear shock revalve-conversion so I have a little help in the rear other than just the stock set up. But it works great.

fastredrider44
04-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Same here, but I have an XC setup.

DnB_racing
04-26-2010, 02:57 PM
in my opinion get what you can get now, if you wait until you can afford everything that might never come, unless you have plenty of money. if you do your lucky, I have to buy things in many steps. I would never be able to save enough to get at once but that's me

2muchquad
04-26-2010, 06:42 PM
my opinion get what you can get now, if you wait until you can afford everything that might never come, unless you have plenty of money. if you do your lucky, I have to buy things in many steps. I would never be able to save enough to get at once but that's me

Agreed:)

arTuReX
04-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
in my opinion get what you can get now, if you wait until you can afford everything that might never come, unless you have plenty of money. if you do your lucky, I have to buy things in many steps. I would never be able to save enough to get at once but that's me

Nice!, That has always been my moto!

BlaineKaiser450
04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
I had an aftermarket front end and a stock rear for a while, Its okay. You can still ride pretty fast on it. It's just funny though how when you go through rough stuff, the front end tracks well and the rear bounces all over the place

cwr~413
04-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
I had an aftermarket front end and a stock rear for a while, Its okay. You can still ride pretty fast on it. It's just funny though how when you go through rough stuff, the front end tracks well and the rear bounces all over the place

i rode mine completely stock in the rear with an axle , lt in the front, a few times waiting on my dc-6 linkage. it does not handle at all and doesn't hook for sh1t in the rear, but it is ridable. i am glad i rode it that way so i could see how much better it is with the link and fox shock.

sunco
04-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Flyboy has a +2 front end w/ motowoz shocks. He does have a g force rear axle but runs the stock shock. He does find w/ it but I think it help when ur weigh is light. Get it piece by piece is find just know ur limitaions when riding & u'd make out find. We rode mx for about 3 years stock. Our winter rebuilds changed that though :D

arTuReX
05-01-2010, 09:55 AM
It depends of what you ride and how hard you ride, i ride trials mostly and i got +2 in the front with Fox Floats R and full stock in the back and i have never bottomed the rear! if i wait for having the money to buy it all, i still be waiting, and it's been night and day compared to stock, so NEVER WAIT, BUY IT AND RIDE IT!