PDA

View Full Version : 06 suzuki ltz50 mods

roy's 07ltr450
04-25-2010, 07:56 PM
I bought my son this quad about 5 weeks ago and now he is ready for more power, just wonder what the free mods were and what are the best mods for it.

THARNESS
04-26-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm afraid that there isn't much you can do to a suzuki 50 that will help much without spending a lot of money. What I would suggest would be to sell the suzuki and buy a used DRR 50 or 70. You can find used ones pretty cheap and they will out perform the zuk in every catagory. (power,speed,handling,suspension,brakes ect.)
Then when he needs more power you can find plenty of upgrades and advice.

Probably not the answer you were looking for but I truly belive it would be your best option.

Coley'sdad#8
04-26-2010, 11:36 AM
ditch the zuk

EthansDad
04-26-2010, 12:10 PM
what Mr. Harness said times two. I found myself in the same boat with an old eton I was looking to hop up. I did the math, it was cheaper to by a bone stock DRR 50 than try to make the eton race ready. Also, for the little ones, a lot of the classes, local/regional/national are for 'stock'. if you hop up the zuk, you ain't stock no more and you kid might end up having to race with older kids.

Also, go check out escoremx and look around at the national scoring for the youth classes. in most of the youth classes, what bikes are winning? DRR, Apex, Corba are the big names you'll see for the little guys.

-EA

roy's 07ltr450
04-26-2010, 02:17 PM
ya that's not helping, this is just a starter bike and he's not gonna be racing it, just wanted to get it a little faster and not hitting the rev limiter, is there any other threads on these mods and if so can somebody send me a link?

thequadfather+2
04-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I had one. Our youngest pilot started on a LTZ50 @ 4 years old.. Not a bad starter bike for the yard/trail. Several things you can do, make sure the speed limiters are removed. There is a screw for the throttle and a spacer in the clutch. I left more detail on how to do this on the suzuki forum for ya.

Then, Take three rollers out of the clutch (leaving three). Buy and install the LTZ 90 CDI, take the screen out of the end of the exhaust and drill a hole in the plate inside the pipe. check to make sure you dont have a restricting washer where the exhaust bolts to the head. drill 2 1/4 inch holes in the air box lid.

let a little more air in and a little more out, lighten the rollers/cvt and increase the bottom end response. The CDI will give you more RPM's and give back some of the top end you will rob with the rollers. Go to ebay and buy a set of 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers (stud type) and get the stance wider. You will be suprised with the results. That will get him by for a while but as mentioned above thats about all you will ever see. The LTZ50 is a tuff little machine and maintenance free, just keep filling the gas tank and ride the wheels off of it.

The guys on the suzuki/kawi forum can help out. I did a bunch of work on that little machine as well as, the LTZ90. Eventually ended up here with a DRR 70 & 90 about a year ago.

Coley'sdad#8
04-27-2010, 09:07 AM
yeah we had a zuk 50 and it is a good little rock solid machine.
it is a good transition from Barbie Jeeps and G1 Joe to a motorized vehicle, just dont try to sink too much into it because you will move off that size pretty quickly, sounds like Bruce already went into the "Modify" frenzy with the Zuk:D , did you kidnap the Suzuki factory tech and pump him for all of his high performance lt50 secrets:D "i know theres more, cmon give it up"

airmobile101
04-27-2010, 11:15 AM
You can mod it alot less than you think ;)

roy's 07ltr450
04-29-2010, 12:45 PM
what do you buy them for to get the same bolt patern, i can't find them for suzuki 50, thanks

hasbeenttduner
04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Here are some. Look this up on there.

d2moto
3" atv wheel spacers yamaha raptor 50 & 80

It lists the suzuki lt50 in the disc.
8mm x ? 1.5'' per side lug extenders.

thequadfather+2
04-29-2010, 02:38 PM
the bolt patern will not matter. You will need the 1.5 inch lug (stud type) as hasbeenttduner indicated.

We ran them for about a year or so on the 50 and never had a problem. We even ran them on our LTZ 90.