PDA

View Full Version : motowoz

411pit
04-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Looking to get new shocks for our YFZ currently have Elka we have been thinking PEP , But Have seen the Motowoz recently anyboby have any feed back on them.

madskrillz2
04-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I am in love with mine

BlaineKaiser450
04-27-2010, 07:45 PM
I love mine! They are the best shocks I've ridden

Suzuki199
04-27-2010, 10:33 PM
I too have heard very good things abot their suspension, before I turned to custom axis myself. Custom Axis, while a bit expensive have been a good experience for myself in direct regards to service and knowledge of suspension, UNLIKE my buddy with ishock or Hydrodynamics USA or whatever they are

My very good friend, that I served in the army with has had some very bad dealings with ishock/ Hydrodynamics USA and while I don't like to talk smack, unfortunately I was so involved with trying to help him get his shocks serviced per their guarantee, it illustrated that some company's just are purely in it for the money and nothing else. Which is fine, we both were lucky enough to actually make it home from over seas with danger pay, and are single, so we're buying some toys!! Anyway, we went to their website, and they actually brag about this new location that they moved into so we decided to bring his shocks in to get the spring rate checked out. It was super stiff!! Come to find out, the address is some sort of shop like a ups store or something where they just have a PO box. So that "suite #" that they mention on their homepage, is actually nothing more than a PO box. Come to find out, they live in a very small town called Alpine, CA and they actually got booted from their shop and are working out of the owners house. Long story short, they try to make themselves look like this big company, and come to find out their working out of a shack with 1 employee. Based on our continuous efforts to try and get what my bud paid for based soley on their guarantee, this company is one that pays some guy to make them look huge on paper and websites, but are not even ATV riders, much less enthusiasts.

So sorry; my short story that I have made tremendously long is that please do your homework. Call their customer service depts., call their service dept's, see how long and expensive shock servicing and parts like seals cost, and just try and make sure you're buying from people involved in the sport. You're doing the right thing by coming to this forum and checking on opinions.

Best of luck, I'd lover to hear how it turns out with Motowoz if you buy ther shocks. I'd be interested in trying something new on my wifes quad.

madskrillz2
04-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki199
I too have heard very good things abot their suspension, before I turned to custom axis myself. Custom Axis, while a bit expensive have been a good experience for myself in direct regards to service and knowledge of suspension, UNLIKE my buddy with ishock or Hydrodynamics USA or whatever they are

My very good friend, that I served in the army with has had some very bad dealings with ishock/ Hydrodynamics USA and while I don't like to talk smack, unfortunately I was so involved with trying to help him get his shocks serviced per their guarantee, it illustrated that some company's just are purely in it for the money and nothing else. Which is fine, we both were lucky enough to actually make it home from over seas with danger pay, and are single, so we're buying some toys!! Anyway, we went to their website, and they actually brag about this new location that they moved into so we decided to bring his shocks in to get the spring rate checked out. It was super stiff!! Come to find out, the address is some sort of shop like a ups store or something where they just have a PO box. So that "suite #" that they mention on their homepage, is actually nothing more than a PO box. Come to find out, they live in a very small town called Alpine, CA and they actually got booted from their shop and are working out of the owners house. Long story short, they try to make themselves look like this big company, and come to find out their working out of a shack with 1 employee. Based on our continuous efforts to try and get what my bud paid for based soley on their guarantee, this company is one that pays some guy to make them look huge on paper and websites, but are not even ATV riders, much less enthusiasts.

So sorry; my short story that I have made tremendously long is that please do your homework. Call their customer service depts., call their service dept's, see how long and expensive shock servicing and parts like seals cost, and just try and make sure you're buying from people involved in the sport. You're doing the right thing by coming to this forum and checking on opinions.

Best of luck, I'd lover to hear how it turns out with Motowoz if you buy ther shocks. I'd be interested in trying something new on my wifes quad.

WOW. Thanks for shedding the light on those shenanigans. What abunch of Jerry's

trompen542
05-11-2010, 02:20 PM
We have used fox, elka factory, and the motowoz is by far the best, and Jim is great to work with.