PDA

View Full Version : Battery Draining

nastyrider17
04-25-2010, 03:50 PM
A while back I left my key on and it drained my battery so I bought a new one from wal-mart. It worked fine for a few months and about a month ago I cut the reverse limiter wire. Now the battery will not hold a charge for more than a few hours and I'm not sure why.

Would it be from the cut reverse wire or any other bad connections? Is it a bad battery?

Thanks in advance.

hjsmith00843
04-25-2010, 04:08 PM
You could have a bad cell in your battery. I have seen new ones off of the shelf test bad. Charge it up and take it to autozone or advance and they will test it for you free.

Check your system for paracytic amp draw. Could be a number of things. If it is drawing unplug one item at a time to figure out which one is pulling from the battery.

Also make sure that the battery is fully charged before you use it. Not just a surface charge.

fearlessfred
04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
the easiest way to ck to see if there is a draw on the batt.,is to remove the ground cable and put a test light between the batt. and cable . if the light comes on or even glows you have a draw jf it doesnt come on then it would have to be the batt. make sure it has a fresh charge before testing

dns1764
04-26-2010, 05:46 AM
buy a new walmart one, stick the old in the box and return...got to love the no questions asked return policy

dalejiw25
04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by dns1764
buy a new walmart one, stick the old in the box and return...got to love the no questions asked return policy

Priceless .... LMAO