PDA

View Full Version : Sick Bruin 350

sjs
04-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Hello from the UK,

I have a 2005 Bruin that i cannot get started, it is always regularly serviced and maintained, i used the bike last week for some trailer work, whilst using bike at half throttle it made a slight metallic pinging sound so i shut bike off straight away and checked oil and it was on the max mark, i let bike cool off and tried to start but it struggles to turn over, it turns over a few revolutions and then stops and the starter solenoid then clicks rapidly so i bypassed the solenoid, i fitted a new battery and overhauled the starter but it still does the same thing, i tried the pull starter and it turns over freely, i also removed the pull starter and tried turning with a ratchet and it was ok to turn (not too tight), i am getting a spark as i can crank it round fast with the plug out to check, i am getting fuel and plenty of comression, i checked all the timing thinking that the chain had skipped a tooth and all was fine as well as the tappets, i am at a loss, anyone any ideas, Thanks, Steve.