PDA

View Full Version : Removing Yellow Weights Of Koso Fully Adjustable Clutch

rummel
04-25-2010, 06:27 AM
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU TAKE THE YELLOW WEIGHTS OF THE KOSO FULLY ADJUSTABLE CLUTCH? WILL THIS MAKE THE STALL HIGHER?

04-25-2010, 07:56 AM
It lightends the clutch meaning a high stall speed yes. We will take ours off on a short track and keep em on for a long half mile track. MX you dont want the weights in my opinion. Remember in my opinion.

marsrace2
04-26-2010, 12:09 AM
we have always run them with the weights removed, However I was just recently told by Justin at Max RPM thaat if you remove the yellow weights that the shoes are too light and you will get alot of slippage on the clutch and create more heat.

rummel
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Well i removed the weights and WOW this clutch is awesome i havent noticed any slippage so im keeping it without the weights.

Logan #34's Dad
04-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by marsrace2
we have always run them with the weights removed, However I was just recently told by Justin at Max RPM thaat if you remove the yellow weights that the shoes are too light and you will get alot of slippage on the clutch and create more heat.

This would depend on the clutch shoe spring strength. If the springs are too strong and always trying to pull back to the closed position then slipping and heat would happen.

marsrace2
04-27-2010, 11:16 AM
exactly Rocky, but now that we have the Stage 6 it doesnt matter because that old Koso is just spare parts.

Coley'sdad#8
04-27-2010, 12:50 PM
with the weights in the shoes are heavier which creates more centrifugal force thus locking the shoes to the bell harder.
A lighter shoe (no weights) would be more prone to slippage from not locking into the bell as hard so there is a fine line there to adjusting the shoe springs to where they are not fighting your shoe weight. we run one weight in each show next to the pivot pin and dont have any slippage problems with Coley's big ole 63# butt:D

04-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
It lightends the clutch meaning a high stall speed yes. We will take ours off on a short track and keep em on for a long half mile track. MX you dont want the weights in my opinion. Remember in my opinion.

Im doing what ever Justin tells me to do. Thats what I thought I would do but I may not be doing that. How he sets the clutch, is how Im leaving it. He knows how to set up a clutch for sure.