PDA

View Full Version : Shelbyville sandbaggers!

kpwilburn
01-29-2003, 03:49 PM
I was shocked when I showed up to race the amatuer class and there were all these tricked out ATVs. Out of about 40 quads that had to qualify for the amatuer class, I think I was the only one that had a stock quad. Sad!

Krazy Kid
01-29-2003, 07:21 PM
did ya qualify??? howd ya do lol:D

kpwilburn
01-29-2003, 09:50 PM
I qualified both nights. In the main, I got 7th Friday night and 10th Saturday night after a first turn pile up. Didn't crash just got hung up. I had a good time though.

Nausty
01-29-2003, 09:55 PM
just part of racing I guess, I saw the same thing in c class like fully modded 250r's and even a roll/axis 400ex. I'm just glad I wasn't on my old blaster and it just makes it that much better beating them with a almost stock 400ex:D

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 01:17 PM
A tricked out ride doesn't make someone a sandbagger. I've seen some BAD@SS 250R's in the Novice and beginner classes and those guys were pretty friggin slow. It just depends on how much money they have. If you want to know what a true sand bagger is, let me tell you.

A true sand bagger is someone that races Open Amature (combined Novice and Intermediate) and gets 2nd place overall (that against Intermediate riders) and then the next day they had Novice and Intermediate split up and this guy goes off and races in the Novice class! Let me put it this way... he had a 20 second lead on me, and I was in second place with a 18 second lead on 3rd place! So actually, I shouldn't have been in that class but I didn't race the day before so I didn't know how I would do. But he got 2nd place the day before against Intermediate riders and he raced Novice the next day.

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 01:21 PM
In that first pic, the sandbagger is in 1st coming out of the first corner, and I"m in second on the C-dale.

In this pic, I've pretty muchly left everyone behind. I'm hitting #10, and after that jump there are two more, a right 180 corner, a huge downhill triple and then it comes up to a left 90 degree corner. If you look in the bottom right corner, you can see "Sandy" about to come up to that left 90 degree corner.

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 01:24 PM
Oops, forgot the pic... but THAT is what I call a sandbagger.

Sparks425Ex
01-30-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey MXDale:

Post some More pics. That Track is sweet as all He!!

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Ok, let me scan them.

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Swan MX... www.swanmx.com

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 03:47 PM

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 03:54 PM
hj

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 03:55 PM
sg

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 03:56 PM

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 03:58 PM
last one.....

Mity Mo
01-30-2003, 03:59 PM
MXDale, that looks like a great track. How far in TX are you? It doesnt look like tehre is a bit of dust on that track. Anyways, the pics lok great. Mo;)

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 04:17 PM
I live about 100 miles east of Dallas. That track is a little less than an hour away from my house, a little north of Tyler, Tx. That track is very well prepped. They always water before the quads races, but thats no problem because the track is so long that by he time they get all the way around, there is absolutely no mud. Plus they don't over water either. Infact, before that race, the Pro and Intermediate classes went before my class and before the Pro class ran, he watered and plowed the whole track so the quads got a "fresh" track to ride on. Some people got pissed off because we had to wait so long before we could race, but if he didn't do it then, he would have done it some other time so either way we would have had to wait. Atleast we had the best track conditions of the day. Waiting at the gates isn't bad because as you can see in the pics, the starting line is covered... VERY nice on those hot days.

Sparks425Ex
01-30-2003, 04:26 PM
OMG. That track is a beaut. If i had a track around here like that I would cry. Our local track is Scum. Not wide at all. Enough for made 3 quads. One jump.(Devils Drop, about 60 feet and down a stright up and down hill.)

People have been killed and paralyzed hitting it. I plan on being the first quad in 3 years to clear it this season.

It is nuttin but ruts. Not groomed at all. You guys don;t know how good you have it.

kpwilburn
01-30-2003, 09:21 PM
I originally signed up for ATV unlimited but was told all of the pros were running that also so that's why I signed up for amatuer. I wasn't calling them sandbaggers just because of their quads but also because they were fast as he!!, the top five were jumping everything the pros were jumping.

Nausty
01-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by kpwilburn
I originally signed up for ATV unlimited but was told all of the pros were running that also so that's why I signed up for amatuer. I wasn't calling them sandbaggers just because of their quads but also because they were fast as he!!, the top five were jumping everything the pros were jumping.

Just because you jump the jumps doesn't make you a better racer. Also keep in mind that if that was the end of the season that kid might of been right for that class and had competition but then got better through the season drastically but still wanted to race for points towards the end of the season?

I know I should of raced b class this year but I said screw it because up until the end of the half season I raced, I never won a main and I figured half the people had better quads than me anyways. The c class had 40+ riders and the b class had about 4 and I knew that wouldn't be much fun also.

MxDale71
01-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Swan and Lake Whitney are two National level tracks around here. The AMA is considering adding either Swan or Lake Whitney to the Bike Nationals series, and it would be awesome if they chose Swan. But I would guess that if they did take one of the Nationals to Texas, they would choose Lake Whitney. It would be REALLY awesome if they added Swan to the Quad Nationals series.

crookedeyemoto-x
01-30-2003, 10:58 PM
I was at Shelbyville, and ran Amateur, Unlimited, and Sportsman both nights and thought that everyone was paired up well as far as being in the right class. I mean i did well both nights, but the only higher classes for me to run other than those three was pro, and i am not a pro so i thought it was well. my 2 pennies

kpwilburn
01-31-2003, 10:30 AM
I think it would have been better if the classes were set up just like the bikes. A, B, C, and D.

raptor_02
02-01-2003, 01:35 PM
u guys talking about the winter indoor series???? I raced the one at MORRISTOWN and got 5th out of 12 people. Only 10 people could get in the MAIN so that was all good. I was in the 4st SPORTSMAN class. Were any of u there???