PDA

View Full Version : 250r jetting is this even close ?

greenskin77
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM
hey guys last year i rode my 250r all year no problems at all it was 170 main 42 piolit and needle on 2 clip from the topp . it ran perfect it was 40 over ..
this year all i did differnt was i bought a powervalve 330 kit ok i put it on and it has the same compression 200 psi . wich is the same as it had last year with the old jug on it.
so whats goign on is.. it really sputters bad topp end so i went to richen it up it made it worse the plug was soked black wet looking.
thats with the same jets 170 main 42 and 2 clip.
well after endless hours the only thing that made it better was 150 main 40 and clip all way up topp does this seem rite ??????
i mean 150 main that is scary lean i would think .
but i put new plug in it and went throu the gears and it is still kinna blackish but not as wet now just black and sputter is pretty much gone
so is there a trick with the power jug doing the plug check or does this seem normal jetting to you guys..
i am about 500 above sea level

LONG-ROD
04-25-2010, 06:54 AM
all your jetting, main, needle, piolet seem scary lean. have you checked ignition, crank seals, reeds. many factors..

greenskin77
04-25-2010, 07:24 AM
yep thats what i though
but its funny u said that becase i did put crank seals in it over the winter but there not leaking or anything the exhaust smokes like it should nothing bad at all..
and ignition hmm how would i test that

TLR-Online
04-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by greenskin77 ignition hmm how would i test that

This is a good thread: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196555