PDA

View Full Version : Oil dissapearing

CTC B4Z
04-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Losing oil at a pretty quick pace. She doesnt smoke a bit. The swingarm and behind the sprocket area is kinda of wet, but I thought it was from my chain lube I spray on after every ride, but it might be oil leaking. I assume there is a seal on the output shaft that the sprocket sits on??? Do you have to crack cases to change it???

hjsmith00843
04-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Check all oil line connections.

Check drain plugs

Check your breather canister and see if it has alot of oil in it. Could have work piston rings and burning a little bit of oil. Not enough to smoke but it could still be burning it some.

CTC B4Z
04-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Nothing really visable, just the swingarm is damp and collecting grime. I highly its burning, I get absolutely NO smoke... and I lost alot riding last week

hjsmith00843
04-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Are you sure that the oil is not coming from the breather on top of the engine itself

You could be burning some oil but not enough to smoke.

CTC B4Z
04-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I'll have to check this breather... My cousin was wheelin the thing for a few mins... he even managed to to fall off a few times... thank god for the rear grab bar....

fromtheside88
04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
I was having the same problem a while back I was having to change my oil literally about once a week. I went and asked my local mechanic about it and like you said before there is a seal like thing (lol) that sits right behind the front sprocket and that seemed to be where all my always was coming out of. The guy just gave me a few parts (don't aske me what parts i can't remember) and after I changed it out I haven't had a problem since, every once in a while I will shoot out some smoke but that is usually right on start up check it out I bet more than likely that is your problem.

CTC B4Z
04-25-2010, 09:29 PM
thanks