PDA

View Full Version : 07 450er no spark help!

Red Juggernaut
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
My 07 450er has no spark all power works new plug but no spark could it be a coil? checked the grounds all is good, used a multimeter and its seems as though on the coil the two wires are both being grounded, but i dont know that much about electricity. let me know what the worse possible out come could be thanks.
JUG

DnB_racing
04-25-2010, 11:08 AM
I have seen the plug boot conection break make sure its on good. as far as your coil goes, one side is grounded and you can read through the coil and both sides will show continuity to ground, if you lift the ground and check it should be clear with the plug removed

DnB_racing
04-25-2010, 11:16 AM
also check the safety circuit, clutch and neutral safeties will not let you start check manual for the wiring. has any thing been bypassed if any wiring has been changed I would check there first

moogie
04-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Also check throttle switch and carb switch, should be one open and one closed at any given time
Also remove side flywheel cover and check if any fuzz on the contact points on the crank position sender. It is black sensor attached to inside cover and you can see 2 silver solder points about 5mm apart. If these contacts are shorted out there will be no spark. if fuzz clean out and put heat rated silican sealant on contacts and this wont be effected by fuzz in oil