PDA

View Full Version : esr 330 stroked??

Grande Huevos
04-23-2010, 10:51 PM
im looking into buying a motor from a guy who claims its a esr 330 w a 4mm stroked crank. is this a good motor and is it reliable? He also says it has only had 4 gallons of fuel through it since rebuild including new crank new crank rod and new piston and rings. says it has 12:1 comp.

machwon
04-24-2010, 06:09 AM
I'd stay away from it if its a bolt on 330 kit. Of the other 4mm ESR stroker motors I've seen they just change the dome or run a thicker plate and don't really pay attention to the port timing as they are usally converting a stock stroke cylinder to a 4mm. To have a great 4mm motor done right, it should be not be done without adjusting the porting. Otherwise, it comes down to price for me.

LONG-ROD
04-24-2010, 07:06 AM
good question.. it does take a special engine builder to make a stroker motor run properly. this particular motor was built by Tony Tice at Van Wall Motor sports in Perry Iowa. has any one heard of this builder? it dynos at 50 hp.. seems a little low for a properly built 363 motor. One of the questions originally asked was is this a reliable set up.. assuming it is built properly.. I am also curious what kind of characteristics a motor like this would have.. supposedly it is set up for mx. Like will it have good over rev, guessing not, good for sand ? and if in the sand will it last if it is ridden wide open a lot due to the piston speed im assuming that motor has.. and can a motor like this have the proper blow down for it to run cool..