PDA

View Full Version : JP outlaw tubed frame???

Grande Huevos
04-23-2010, 10:45 PM
hey guys i am looking into buying an R and guy says it has jp outlaw frame and im just curious if any of u have any imput on them?? are they nice? what r they worth? and so on. Thanks for any info!

matt250r21
04-25-2010, 06:41 AM
JP Racing was the first that I know of to build aftermarket R frames. Back then, 1991 all the top pros were starting to run them. I have only scene one up close and it looked well made. All depends on how well the R you are looking at buying was taken care of in terms of what it is worth.

mennis1971
04-25-2010, 08:47 AM
JP was bought by Lonestar, so it should be good if it was taken care of.

doc-bones
04-25-2010, 01:36 PM
JP outlaw frame if in good shape used to sell for $1,600. Excellent frame and lightweight!!!

Inspector
04-25-2010, 03:02 PM
I have one of the early JP/Lonestar framed quads that I am getting ready to part out. It has been a dune rider all its life. I bought the quad for the motor. Look for it soon.

Honda5
04-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by doc-bones
JP outlaw frame if in good shape used to sell for $1,600. Excellent frame and lightweight!!!

WHAT!!! I have a frame, sub frame, swingarm and am waiting for the a arms to get here (ebay find) I have had sitting in storage for a while was just going to build something to beat around the woods with someday. if it is worth 1/2 that kind of money it's all getting pc'd and sold.

doc-bones
04-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Do not get too excited. I said that was what they sold for new when 250r parts were selling high! These days they would be worth up to about $400. in really good shape.

doc-bones
04-26-2010, 08:35 AM
If your ebay find came from NYC.... It was a friend of mine and that was a really bad R..... You will enjoy it. With a ROLL DESIGN swinger no-link it took a 17.5 inch shock and handled very well.

Inspector
04-26-2010, 03:27 PM
If your ebay find came from NYC.... It was a friend of mine and that was a really bad R..... You will enjoy it. With a ROLL DESIGN swinger no-link it took a 17.5 inch shock and handled very well.

Hey doc,

I saw that one on Ebay. That one is a little different than mine. Mine actually has JP cut into the front shock mount bracket where the NYC one has 3 round holes. Other minor differences too. Sorry, mine will go for a hell alot more than $400.

Honda5
04-27-2010, 03:29 AM
I got the frame and subframe from a friend a while ago. I picked up a jp swinger (250r link a few months ago and just won the arms last week). and I have almost enough parts to put the entire quad together just don't have the time.

Back to Grande Huevos question yes the frames look well built but mine seems very light I don't know if this makes them more likely to brake.

doc-bones
04-27-2010, 06:52 AM
250R linkage is not too good. The no-link is 100% better. They are light, however I would not worry as my buddy rode his hard for 10 years with no problems. His had to be welded a few times but nothing major. Definitely not as strong as Laeger, Walsh or ROLL. For the money still a good upgrade from stock!

woodsracer144
04-30-2010, 01:46 PM

a outlaw meaning a shee motor or a zilla motor is gonna be in it, not a 250r engine!

Honda5
05-03-2010, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
a outlaw meaning a shee motor or a zilla motor is gonna be in it, not a 250r engine!

I think you may be wrong..... my frame is set up for 250 but has JP OUTLAW just above the vin#.

doc-bones
05-03-2010, 06:38 AM
The Banshee set-up which I have also had was a Lonestar Outlaw Banshee frame.

Inspector
07-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
hey guys i am looking into buying an R and guy says it has jp outlaw frame and im just curious if any of u have any imput on them?? are they nice? what r they worth? and so on. Thanks for any info!

Hey Grande Huevos,

Did you ever get your frame? Find out if it is a Baja style JP. They are really strong and heavier than the standard ones. My JP is a Baja. Only problem I have had is the motor mount holes getting rounded out from running a big bore motor. I have since repaired them.