PDA

View Full Version : Motor cycle insurance

slightlybent47
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Motor cycle insurance

I would like to know what is up with insurance co, these days.
If I pay in full for the whole year then why are they doing a credit check?
And why do I get a discount for owning my one home, what dose that have to do with my insurance? What deference is there if I do or don’t own a home?

aDviSol2y
04-23-2010, 01:53 PM
You get a discount if you own a home, if you have your homeowners insurance through the same company as your car/bike insurance. You most likely get a multi car discount if you have more than one car on the policy. For someone like me, I have multiple cars and my home insured through the same company. Its saves me a good chunk of money. Basically the insurance company is trying to give you an insentive to use them for all your insurance needs.

aDviSol2y
04-23-2010, 01:59 PM
As far as cedit goes, you will learn that the better your credit, the better the deal you will get. This is because places like insurance companies base how trust worthy/responsible you are on how good your credit is. Hope this helps.

slightlybent47
04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
But I’m paying for the whole year in full, so there should be no need for a credit check.
Yes I could see it if I wanted to make monthly payments, but I want to just pay it in full for the year. That means they have there money so why. My credit history should have no bearing if I pay in full.
And as far as owning a home that should make no deference, they did not offer or ask if I wanted to insure on my home. They just want to know if I own it.

Credit is a game I don’t play.

Boy there are a lot of deference’s in Geico and Progressive.
For my KLX 250 duel sport with
25,000 Liability
50,000 personal injuries
25,000 – 50,000 UIM
With 250.00 deductible
Road side assistance and towing

Same coverage
Progressive wants 560.00 year going direct to them
But the same Progressive coverage through fred loya is 259.00 year with credit check and home discount.
And Geico wants 269.00 with no credit check or home owner discount, direct to them.

Progressive wanted a credit check and wanted to know if I owned a home.

Looks like i'll be paying the lizerd a visit.