PDA

View Full Version : High voltage clutch lever

THARNESS
04-23-2010, 10:51 AM
When Ryan's 90 mod gets wet or muddy the clutch or brake lever will shock you pretty good. I'm thinking it may be the teatherd kill switch, I just haven't had time to replace it yet. I have been busy fixing all the stuff Will broke at Kentucky.
It just started doing this and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

EthansDad
04-23-2010, 11:24 AM
that gives new meaning to "feathering the clutch" when your hand is twitching!

I bet it is the teather. Check on which side of your teather goes to ground. on ours, if we put the metal side of the teather to hot, it shocks you. if we put that side to ground, it does not. might just switch your wires on your teather and see if that works better.

-EA

marsrace2
04-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by EthansDad
that gives new meaning to "feathering the clutch" when your hand is twitching!

I bet it is the teather. Check on which side of your teather goes to ground. on ours, if we put the metal side of the teather to hot, it shocks you. if we put that side to ground, it does not. might just switch your wires on your teather and see if that works better.

-EA

thats it exactly, we had the same thing and Justin at Max RPM told me to make sure the wire that comes out of the metal on the tether was the ground.

THARNESS
04-23-2010, 12:29 PM
I will check that when I get home. The only thing that makes me wonder is that the bike was built about a year and a half ago and this problem just started about a week ago. I hope that is it though.

Coley'sdad#8
04-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I fixed the radio in one of our employees truck once (blown fuse) and when he asked what it was I told him it had a short between the seat and the steering wheel, he just scratched his head and was just thankful i had fixed it not knowing he was the short:D