PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Duncan racing products?

rablack21
04-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't seem to hear much on here about people using or recommending Duncan racing products such as: paul turner pipes, power heads, or pyramid reed valve. I was just wondering if the stuff wasn't that good or do people just not talk about it much. In different discussions, I hear people recommend this pipe or that pipe, but not a paul turner pipe. I also hear people recommend a rad valve or a delta vforce, but rarely a pyramid valve. The same with the powerhead. People usually mention the cool head or as ESR head. Just curious what the deal is.

pimpt250r
04-23-2010, 12:00 PM
cost my friend!the only pipe I would ever run other than a PT is a curtis sparks

Honda 250r 001
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
duncan makes nice stuff. I think their reed valve is a low end set up, they make nice cyinders too! but there expennnnnnnnsive!!!

yfzttracer76
04-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I raced a polished 265 povervalve from duncan raicng with their eliminator pipe for like three years. Never had any problems or complaints it was an awesome set-up. Having been involved with 250rs I can say this is a great cylinder as long as you take care of it, new pistons and rings.But isnt a cylinder just like anything else, you get what you pay for. I think so.

rablack21
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
They are definitely expensive. But aside from that they have good stuff? How did you like the PT pipes?

250rPRIDE
04-23-2010, 01:32 PM
pt pipes are some of the best its all i ever used for years, i run a hi-rev for more top but i have a type 6 as well for good bottom, i have own several other brands of pipe and i always liked pt's the best imo... the pyramid reed set-up eeeeh not so good, the pc cylinder's awsome if you can afford em..

CorvetteZ06
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
i run there pyramid reed valve, much better then the v-force. a v-force reed valve left me stranded 2 years ago, and i was miles from the truck, had to be towed in. when we removed the carb, and intake assembly, some how a petal came off the reed valve and got stuck in my intake ports.

250rPRIDE
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by CorvetteZ06
i run there pyramid reed valve, much better then the v-force. a v-force reed valve left me stranded 2 years ago, and i was miles from the truck, had to be towed in. when we removed the carb, and intake assembly, some how a petal came off the reed valve and got stuck in my intake ports.

this can happen with any reeds they say to stay away from the carbon ones.. i run a boyesen rad valve, i like it best

wild250rman
04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
I have run several Paul Turner/ Duncan Racing cylinders ,pipes ,silencers, carbs. and more their mid-range pipes are great performers with standard, ported and most big bore cylinders. Their front bumpers are still one of my favorites, do not care for the pyramid valve, would take a stock cage with boyesen reeds over the pyramid or most definitly a rad valve. Top quality stuff no doubt. Always had good luck with customer service before and after purchases. their porting work is top notch to bad you can't see it after the cylinder is installed it is amazing to look at. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Jonny B
04-23-2010, 07:14 PM
I had Loren Duncan build my Banshee engine with the National kit. He is a master with his porting and knows engines in and out. If you have the money to send him an engine, you will be pleased when it comes back. They have great turn around time. Leonard will always talk to you on the phone to help you get set up and keep you running. Truely a great experience with Duncan Racing...

mohler
04-23-2010, 07:35 PM
i have there pc2000 275pv and love it. also there graphic kits are very nice and are really thick. i have a type6 pipe really good for the woods. with reeds tho i run a cr250 rad valve very strong

4wheelmx
04-23-2010, 08:11 PM
I run an PT eliminator cylinder and pipe. I would not trade them for anything else.

red88r
04-23-2010, 10:45 PM
We have the 265pv and 340pv. Absolutely no problems and run very well. And yes they were pricey but I believe you get what you pay for. Nikasil cylinders are also very durable.

LONG-ROD
04-24-2010, 07:22 AM
I run a motor with duncan work.. runs awesome. have tried all the reeds, and the pyramid made more power hands down.. I also have their power head and port work. a more then great experiences.