PDA

View Full Version : wire harness

jtpowell22
04-23-2010, 12:52 AM
1- Take 2 wires (blk w/red & wht w/red) from the stator and plug them directly into CDI box (same color wires)

2- CDI wires (plug orange and black) Run orange wire to hot lead on coil and ground the black wire

3- The black wire left on the CDI goes to a ground

4- Make sure to run ground from engine to frame

If you have an aftermarket Kill Switch- Run 1 lead to ground and other wire to hot lead on coil. Be careful not to run hot lead on coil to wire on killswitch that runs to the metal exposed part of the killswitch.

Ok here is the question. What wires need to be cut and stripped on the wire harness removal? I have located the wires for step 1. But #2 im not sure. Dont want to cut and strip wires if its not needed. I have lost spark for some reason and figured this may be the best cure.

Thanks
jp

bulldogfallon
04-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Step 2 is referring to the wires from the CDI which are joined into a white plug

1 is and orange/peach color and the other is black...

Cut the plug off and ground the black to the frame and run the orange wire direct to the lead on the coil

You could at this time also join the other black wire from the CDI with this black wire and ground into 1 eyelet

You could also take the hot lead from the kill tether and join as one into one plug with the orange wire going to the coil

jtpowell22
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks Gary that cleared things up for me. Hope this cures the problem.

jp