PDA

View Full Version : dies out and stalls

tbru23
04-22-2010, 07:59 PM
i have an 08 kfx450r and it funs pretty solid, except for when im just putting and go to give it throttle, it dies out and stalls, im not very good with EFI and i was wondering if anyone would know a reason for this.. thanks

MtnEX
05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by tbru23
i have an 08 kfx450r and it funs pretty solid, except for when im just putting and go to give it throttle, it dies out and stalls, im not very good with EFI and i was wondering if anyone would know a reason for this.. thanks

Well, I had the same sort of problem... so I got a copy of the service manual and started checking stuff.

You should check yours spark plug of course, which is an often neglected item because it is such a pain to get to.

Then use the manual to get the part number for the throttle sensor setting adapter and check the throttle position sensor per the manual.

If that is not it, you can do like I did, and pull your hair out for a year, run it back and forth to the shop, crawl over it yourself, etc.......

Or you can replace the stock ECU with Procom's fully reprogrammable ECU and get rid of the problem.

Nobody could find anything wrong with mine. That's why I knew it was the ECU. Eliminating everything else is the testing proceedure for diagnosing the ECU.

I bet you have low battery voltage sometimes, or a dead battery out of the blue, poor starting, and somewhat rough idle as well?????

I had all those symptoms, but the replacement ECU fixed it.

I need to write the product review here in this section.

BLU82
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Check the tps. It can be done with a multi-meter, no need for special tools.

MtnEX
05-03-2010, 05:29 AM
The throttle sensor setting adapter is cheap, and plugs in-line.

You can leave it hooked up and check easily any time at will... and if it ever actually needs adjusting, you can slide the meter probes in and go hands free... because it is very touchy and hard to set without being able to see the reading as you tighten the screw.