PDA

View Full Version : Carb Question

polodinks
04-22-2010, 05:58 PM
hey guys i had a choke problem with my 400ex, the choke would always come on during bumps or any kind or mild to hard riding and i would always have to keep pushing it back down or i would use a zip tie to hold it down..... i went today and took my carb off and cleaned it and took the butterfly out since i have no problems starting it in the hot florida weather or even the winters here..... it runs the same now as it did with the choke on there still..... my question is this, when the bike is warm and if i was to blip the throttle quickly it would have a hiccup to it or like it would bog.... my bike has a K&N, pro circuit slip on, and was jetted from the last owner with the same mods i dont know exactly whats in it but it kinda seems like its running rich, would that screw on the right help it any? its a dumb question but i dont know what that screw is and did not want to adjust it to make it worst so here it is....

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6541/dsc01441m.jpg

bkelley
04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
The screw on the right is the drain screw. If you loosen it you will drain the gas from the bowl.

dalejiw25
04-24-2010, 05:45 AM
You need to rejet but, Without you knowing what that screw was for I'd have to advise you to either get a service manual or let someone with some Carb. knowledge do it for you or at least help you out. JMO